Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Decisions a Game Isaac Cruz in Tough Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Decisions a Game Isaac Cruz in Tough Fight

By Keith Idec - Isaac Cruz was every bit as tough Sunday night as his nickname indicated "Pitbull" would be for Gervonta Davis. The determined Mexican contender gave Davis the toughest fight of his eight-year pro career and took him the distance for the first time in seven years in a Showtime Pay-Per-View main event at Staples Center. Baltimore's Davis still left the ring with the WBA's secondary lightweight title because judges Carla Caiz (115-113), Max De Luca (115-113) and Zachary Young (116-112) scored their 12-round, 135-pound championship match for the undefeated fighter.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 12-06-2021, 12:35 AM.

Five-time world champion Gervonta “Tank” Davis and hard-hitting contender Isaac “Pitbull” Cruz went face-to-face at the official weigh-in Saturday before they battle for Davis’ WBA Lightweight Title in the SHOWTIME PPV main event this Sunday, December 5 from STAPLES Center in Los Angeles. (photos by Esther Lin, Sean Michael Ham)

The pay-per-view telecast will begin at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and see Davis’ third-straight pay-per-view headlining attraction, as the three-division champion duels the IBF-ranked No. 2 lightweight in Cruz, a Mexico City-native who has earned his “Pitbull” moniker through his hardnosed style.

Comment

KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Just took a quick look at Cruz as tbh I'd never seen him before. This fight will be a real barnburner while it lasts and given how wide he throws and the total disregard for defense Cruz has I can't see it going on very long at all but it'll sure be fun.

I like what I see not from a technical standpoint but damn this guys seriously kill or be killed ain't he? What a reckless little mad man.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Just took a quick look at Cruz as tbh I'd never seen him before. This fight will be a real barnburner while it lasts and given how wide he throws and the total disregard for defense Cruz has I can't see it going on very long at all but it'll sure be fun.

I like what I see not from a technical standpoint but damn this guys seriously kill or be killed ain't he? What a reckless little mad man.
          The Mad Midget vs The Dwarf King. That would be a great title to the event
          billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

The possibility of a violent finish in the main event is very high.

Comment

LEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOO
              edpboxing edpboxing likes this.

Comment

This is true

Comment

This is an easy cherry pick for Davis nothing to see here.

when he gets matched up against the like of Teo, Ryan, zepeda, Kambo and Loma then I’ll be excited.
                  Last edited by TreyShaw; 12-05-2021, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyShaw View Post
                    This is an easy cherry pick for Davis nothing to see here.

when he gets matched up against the like of Teo, Ryan, zepeda, Kambo and Loma then I’ll be excited.
                    Yes, against William Zepeda is what I wanna see. That will be a whirlwind while it lasts!

Comment

Working...
                    X