Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adames Digs Deep To Edge Derevyanchenko By Majority Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adames Digs Deep To Edge Derevyanchenko By Majority Decision

LOS ANGELES - Sergiy Derevyanchenko suffered yet another close loss Sunday night. Carlos Adames got off to a strong start, withstood Derevyanchenko's rally in the second half of their fight and won a majority decision in their 10-round middleweight match. Judge Jerry Cantu scored their competitive, compelling contest a draw, 95-95, but judges Tiffany Clinton (97-93) and Damian Walton (96-93) credited Adames with a victory on the Gervonta Davis-Issac Cruz undercard at Staples Center.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 12-05-2021, 10:09 PM.

Hell yeah! Always happy to see my fellow Dominicans win a big fight. Adames showed a different wrinkle today and boxed well, but his stamina almost costed him the fight.
    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

GGG looking more and more overrated
      LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Lol I've never seen a Derevy fight that wasn't nip and tuck. The only way the guy knows how to fight lol

Comment

Man I love Devry, entertaining fighter and just seemingly an amazing soul is the man. I’m glad he is with pbc and I hope he continues to fight and put money in his pocket and food on his family’s table
          Last edited by Oldskoolg; 12-05-2021, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Great performance by Adames! He put it all together tonight.
            landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Derevyanchenko is a high level gatekeeper.
              Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                Man I love Devry, entertaining fighter and just seemingly an amazing soul is the man. I’m glad he is with pbc and I hope he continues to fight and out money in his pocket and food on his family’s table
                He really is a great guy to watch. Great activity and workrate, and he is very hittable as well, but hard to hurt. Also doesn't have tremendous pop so just leads to a ton of great rounds and fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                  GGG looking more and more overrated
                  I think you could have argued that without this fight - Derevy lost to Culcay (in reality) and Culcay did better than GGG did in those fights.

I think it's a little bit of age with GGG, and more to do with a tough matchup and also different motivation levels going into that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    Derevyanchenko is a high level gatekeeper.
                    The shame of it, is if he was from a different country/different promoter, he could be undefeated, officially. Instead, 4 losses.

To be fair, he definitely lost to Culcay - which ironically is his only official win in his last 5 lol. Boxing is a weird sport sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                    X