Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Rozier: I Don't Think Derevyanchenko Is Quote, Unquote Done By A Long Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Rozier: I Don't Think Derevyanchenko Is Quote, Unquote Done By A Long Shot

LOS ANGELES - Andre Rozier has seen a rejuvenated Sergiy Derevyanchenko in the gym recently. From his trainer's vantagepoint, Derevyanchenko needed a long break from boxing following his 12-round, unanimous-decision loss to Jermall Charlo in September 2020. His one-sided defeat to the unbeaten WBC middleweight champion marked a fourth straight difficult fight for the Ukrainian middleweight contender.
    [Click Here To Read More]

he would of got the jacobs and golovkin decisions if he was black or mexican or asian.

Comment

Sergiy's a good fighter and arguably beat Golovkin, even if he looked the worse for wear.

He looked bad against Charlo, but the latter gave his best performance. Has Derevyanchenko perhaps gone as high as he can go, or can he officially win a title?

I think it will be hard for him, but he's worthy of another shot at a title, say against Andrade, or perhaps if a title becomes vacant again.

​​​

Comment

SD is a solid fighter. Honestly a lot better than belt holders in other weight classes. But that Golovkin fight was just brutal for them both. He’s gonna cut easier after that and given his age it only gets worse. He didn’t seem to have the same ability to turn and work with Charlo, but that may have been more Charlo and less SD who knows. He’s been class in and outside of the ring so I hope he gets his shot at a belt.

Comment

Originally posted by sallyField View Post
          he would of got the jacobs and golovkin decisions if he was black or mexican or asian.
          Golovkins dubious decision over Derev is worth bearing in mind when his fans complain about the first canelo fight.

Comment

I’d like to see a close decision go his way finally. That man beat GGG, period

Comment

I've never understood the argument that Charlo dominated or clearly beat Sergei. Every fight I've seen of the guy, has been extremely close. It's just his style. He likes to get to the inside, and is there to be hit while trying to get inside.

But he never stops and does good work all the time as well, when he gets inside.

If he was from the right place or with the right promoter he'd probably be undefeated right now. But such is boxing. He lost to Culcay and got an official win though so I don't feel too bad for him. Just how the sport is sometimes.

Comment

I wonder how many people actually watched the Golovkin/SD fight more than once. I actually had Derev winning on first watch, but when I watched it back, I realized how many shots SD actually didn't land or completely miss, not to mention how many shots were low. It was still a close fight but that KD in the 1st definitely won GGG the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                  I wonder how many people actually watched the Golovkin/SD fight more than once. I actually had Derev winning on first watch, but when I watched it back, I realized how many shots SD actually didn't land or completely miss, not to mention how many shots were low. It was still a close fight but that KD in the 1st definitely won GGG the fight.
                  The hate for GGG has never made much sense. I agree that on the rewatch I felt G did a little better than on fight night, and gave him 7 rounds. On the night, I had it 6-6.

I could see an honest person sliding it to Sergei on fight night, especially if you were tilted a little bit because he was exceeding expectations.

The problem is, most of the people on here who would score it against GGG, are not honest men. They are honestly probably hardly men at all.

To take a look at some of them in real life would probably put me in hysterics.

Comment

Working...
                  X