Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: I Always Knew That I Was A Top Guy; People Don't Give Me My Credit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: I Always Knew That I Was A Top Guy; People Don't Give Me My Credit

LAS VEGAS - Gervonta Davis appreciates Shawn Porter's praise. The former IBF and WBC welterweight champion called Davis one of the best fighters, regardless of weight class, with whom Porter has ever shared the ring. Porter proclaimed Davis as one of the top boxers in the sport following their sparring session in advance of Porter's 10th-round, technical-knockout defeat to undefeated Terence Crawford in their WBO welterweight title fight November 20 at Mandalay Bay's Michelob ULTRA Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You are def the top guy ! No one is even close ,just stay at 130lbs and no higher then 135lbs

Comment

Well that’s because your promoter keeps matching you up with opposition that are very certain wins for you , for example a 118 pounder Leo Santa Cruz or a “regular” bum beltholder Mario Barrios who basically got gifted that secondary belt, and now you’re fighting a midget that is perfect for your style. You need to fight kambosos and Haney and Lomachenko. Those are the fights that will show us if you’re really a top guy

Comment

Definitely get credit from me for being a fantastic talent. I'm just disappointed it's being showcased in the B leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by mexiFistology View Post
          Well that’s because your promoter keeps matching you up with opposition that are very certain wins for you , for example a 118 pounder Leo Santa Cruz or a “regular” bum beltholder Mario Barrios who basically got gifted that secondary belt, and now you’re fighting a midget that is perfect for your style. You need to fight kambosos and Haney and Lomachenko. Those are the fights that will show us if you’re really a top guy
          You know, it's interesting you take this stance.

With Crawford and Inoue you called them top P4P without beating anyone, but with Tank, you don't rate him without those fights? Why aren't you consistent? Do you work for Top Rank?

Comment

Possibly, but Tank needs to prove it against the best of his division. How could you say he is one of the best in boxing, when we don´t know if he is among the best at his weight? With fights against Barrios and Santa Cruz, we only get bunch of maybes and what ifs.

Comment

Seriously...that whole "Get my flowers" phrasing that's been making the rounds lately sounds so feminine. Such a stupid term for fans and boxers to be using nowadays. I get what it means, but it sounds so cornball, as phrases go.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

You know, it's interesting you take this stance.

With Crawford and Inoue you called them top P4P without beating anyone, but with Tank, you don't rate him without those fights? Why aren't you consistent? Do you work for Top Rank?
                Masterfully asked. Well done

Comment

“Though he has drawn some criticism for not yet fighting lightweight contemporaries Devin Haney, Ryan Garcia or Teofimo Lopez, Davis believes he has proven himself as an elite talent over the past few years.”

We believe he’s elite, but you have to prove it against the big boys. Until you fight them there will always be criticism.

Comment

Tank is underrated and under appreciated. I would love to see how Haney, Lopez, and Garcia would do against the likes of Santa Cruz and Barrios. Watching Haney last night, I must admit that he is highly skilled, but can’t crack an egg. And the shots he was getting tagged with are the same shots Tank is putting opponents down with. Tank walks through the top guys at lightweight. The only guy that will give him problems or actually beat him possibly is Lomo. I disagree with how Mayweather Promotions is promoting Tank. I think he would be a much bigger star fighting on Fox and not PPV. I think he would get much more recognition and respect. Hopefully after tonight’s fight with Cruz, he’ll get one of the top names in the division. But with his promoter’s blueprint, I’m sure it will be against Romero on PPV. That would be a disservice to Tank. He is a special fighter. He can go down with the all time greats, but only by fighting the top fighters of his era.
                    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X