Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Fundora vs. Garcia, Ramirez vs. Marriaga - Face-Offs at Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Fundora vs. Garcia, Ramirez vs. Marriaga - Face-Offs at Final Presser

Fundora, Garcia Final Press Conference Photos Gallery - Fighters competing on the Gervonta Davis vs. Isaac Cruz SHOWTIME PPV undercard taking place this Sunday, December 5 (8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT) previewed their respective showdowns during a press conference Friday before they enter the ring in a Premier Boxing Champions event from STAPLES Center in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn FunDip is tall af!!!!!

Comment

How does a LMW prepare for someone with a height/reach like Fundora? I'm surprised he can still make this weight.

Comment

I got Eduardo Ramirez by stoppage lefty with a great right hook he get's overlooked a lot but he's honestly a pretty good fighter with a decent punch.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          How does a LMW prepare for someone with a height/reach like Fundora? I'm surprised he can still make this weight.
          You've got to have fantastic footwork to get inside and then once you get there you've got to stay there and make him pay. Loma footwork and Derev the technician inside - or a LMW version of Mike Tyson. Fundora is taller than quite a few HWs.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

You've got to have fantastic footwork to get inside and then once you get there you've got to stay there and make him pay. Loma footwork and Derev the technician inside - or a LMW version of Mike Tyson. Fundora is taller than quite a few HWs.
            You don't need any footwork cause Fundora will fight on the inside with you. That's his preferred range even though it makes no ****ing sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
              I got Eduardo Ramirez by stoppage lefty with a great right hook he get's overlooked a lot but he's honestly a pretty good fighter with a decent punch.
              I liked Marriaga when he was on the way up, partly because I have a connection to Colombia, but he is looking old now. Never heard of Ramirez tbh - whats been his best fight(s) ?

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

You don't need any footwork cause Fundora will fight on the inside with you. That's his preferred range even though it makes no ****ing sense.
                Good on you for the correction. I haven't seen much of him - maybe a couple of highlight reels - I was commenting more on fighters that lanky and tall in general. Fundora needs to develop a sniper jab then - maybe he already has one? I'll stop 'talking now' l [and go and watch more video]
                Citizen Koba Citizen Koba likes this.

Comment

Good on you for the correction. I haven't seen much of him - maybe a couple of highlight reels - I was commenting more on fighters that lanky and tall in general. Fundora needs to develop a sniper jab then - maybe he already has one? I'll stop 'talking now' l [and go and watch more video]
                  You ain't wrong about any of it other than how Fundora actually fights. You'd think he'd take advantage of his freakish physique for the division but he goes in toe to toe with guys like Cota and was eating some bombs at the punch bowl his last fight.

Comment

I liked Marriaga when he was on the way up, partly because I have a connection to Colombia, but he is looking old now. Never heard of Ramirez tbh - whats been his best fight(s) ?
                    I like Marriaga too he was looking good for a while but the after the Valdez fight he didn't look the same to me and lost his next 2 high profile fights. I just think Ramirez is fresher and he should take this one and hopefully make a statement.

He has lost at top level before most notably against Lee Selby and Claudio Marrero but both of those are championship level fighters. He has been on a KO streak lately not any crazy names but he knocked out former Cuban amateur standout Leduan Barthelemy, former title challenger Miguel Flores, and most recently Isaac Avelar who fought against Steven Fulton a few fights back when he was still undefeated.

SteveM SteveM likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X