Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Richard Commey - Undercard Information

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Richard Commey - Undercard Information

Keyshawn Davis, the lightweight star who earned a silver medal at the Tokyo Olympics, has a golden chance to shine on one of boxing's biggest platforms. Davis (3-0, 2 KOs), in his first fight since signing a long-term deal with Top Rank, will face Mexican veteran Jose Zaragoza (8-3-1, 2 KOs) in a six-round bout Saturday, Dec. 11 on the undercard of the Vasiliy Lomachenko-Richard Commey lightweight main event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This fight was made as an argument for Lopez-Loma rematch. Now that Lopez lost the belts and moving up, it kind of becomes irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
      This fight was made as an argument for Lopez-Loma rematch. Now that Lopez lost the belts and moving up, it kind of becomes irrelevant.
      Yep. Still a good fight but kinda pointless now. I’d rather Loma be active so I won’t complain. Hope he can get Kam or Haney next

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post

Yep. Still a good fight but kinda pointless now. I’d rather Loma be active so I won’t complain. Hope he can get Kam or Haney next
        He could have had Haney already but he decided becoming the WBC franchise champion was better than facing his mandatory. I hope Haney never gives Loma a fight

Comment

Originally posted by A_State501 View Post

He could have had Haney already but he decided becoming the WBC franchise champion was better than facing his mandatory. I hope Haney never gives Loma a fight
          Me personally, I like watching boxing a lot more than not watching boxing. So I don't hope for fights to not be made. That is the biggest problem in boxing right now--fighters not fighting eachother.

Aside from that, there's all kinds of reasons fighters pass up fights with one guy to go against another guy.
          AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
            Still a good fight, and from the looks of it would make Loma the WBO mandatory regardless.
            steeve steel steeve steel likes this.

Comment

Fighting Teo for Undisputed was the bigger, better & easier fight to be made. Haney obviously didn’t have a belt & Teo held the last piece. Loma & Teo both on the same network both under TR = no brainer. It’s not like Loma did that to go fight a bum or some pointless fight

redirect your anger at the WBC for making the franchise tag a thing. They couldla easily told Loma either 1. No or 2. Granted the fight for undisputed with the condition that the winner fight Haney next or be stripped. Instead they allowed it & then gave Haney a belt and told him he was the champ while still calling the Teo Loma winner the undisputed. Then, when pressed about it, said Teo was he real champ. Now if you ask them they still don’t have a clear answers

Comment

Teofimo was never going to fight Loma anyway. There was almost zero chance of that fight being made, so really, Teofimo losing was the best thing that could have happened for Loma because (1) he still gets to fight for undisputed and (2) because Teofimo would have fled the division next year, moving to 140, Loma gets to beat the man who beat the man who beat Loma. So in an indirect way he gets to beat Lopez.

I'm also thinking that Teofimo could easily lose to Kambosos again if they were to ever fight. Teofimo seemed to make weight without too much of a hiccup. He had a bad elbow, but the guy had a whole year of training for Kambosos. He also got to fight in his own country. He really had all the advantages. I'd have to pick Kambosos to beat Teofimo again, so if Loma can get a fight with Kambosos and beat him, that's pretty much like beating Lopez too, especially considering how Loma performed against Lopez. Loma lost not because of what Lopez did necessarily but because of what Loma didn't do.
                Last edited by Cypocryphy; 12-04-2021, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Still a good fight, and from the looks of it would make Loma the WBO mandatory regardless.
                  You are right and I will watch, even though it won't have the same meaning and scope.
                  _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

So Canelo accepting the same thing at the same is no good to you either?

At the time it seemed like a good idea. Why would Loma waste 3 months in camp to face a mandatory (Haney) that he would undoubtedly destroy, instead of going after his goal? He was obviously convinced the "franchise belt" was a wise decision at the time. Obvi, in retrospect, it wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X