Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Murata Pushed Back Due To Travel Restrictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Murata Pushed Back Due To Travel Restrictions

IBF, IBO middleweight champion Gennadiy "GGG" Golovkin (41-1-1, 36 KOs) took to social media late Thursday night to announce that his upcoming unification with WBA middleweight kingpin Ryota Murata (16-2, 13 KOs) had been postponed.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lol. Bullshet. GGG got skurrred and begged DAZN to delay it and take a 90% pay cut.

I remember joking for a whole year “what if GGG vs Murata gets delayed again!” I’m a gangsta!

Comment

I don’t believe any fight is going to happen till the bell rings. Is there anything ggg can even do get anyone excited anymore? I don’t think so. If he looks good will anyone fight him? If he looks bad but wins, maybe we can see him fight Munguia. I feel for the guy in a lot of ways. Got chewed up and spat out by the big red machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
        I don’t believe any fight is going to happen till the bell rings. Is there anything ggg can even do get anyone excited anymore? I don’t think so. If he looks good will anyone fight him? If he looks bad but wins, maybe we can see him fight Munguia. I feel for the guy in a lot of ways. Got chewed up and spat out by the big red machine.
        GGG Promotions brought bad karma upon themselves and are still making stupid business moves staying at 160.

They aren’t fooling anyone.

Inoue is fighting in two weeks and he brings a crowd, no cancellation. Both Inoue and Murata were expected to have 95% Japanese sales tickets. Nobody traveling for GGG. So 5% from supposed foreigners, whom would be screened upon entry, are the concern? Hard to know what’s going on. Could be Murata needs more time or GGG wants out. Hard to know if it’s Top Rank or DAZN re-evaluating this fight.

But imho GGG Promotions wasting industry time again. Don’t be surprised this unification could be off completely
        Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 12-03-2021, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

GGG Promotions brought bad karma upon themselves and are still making stupid business moves staying at 160.

They aren’t fooling anyone.

Inoue is fighting in two weeks and he brings a crowd, no cancellation. Both Inoue and Murata were expected to have 95% Japanese sales tickets. Nobody traveling for GGG. So 5% from supposed foreigners, whom would be screened upon entry, are the concern? Hard to know what’s going on. Could be Murata needs more time or GGG wants out. Hard to know if it’s Top Rank or DAZN re-evaluating this fight.

But imho GGG Promotions wasting industry time again. Don’t be surprised this unification could be off completely
          You said it all. I wasent even thinking about this fight. It gets postponed. Even if they pick a new date does anyone notice? Like you said GGG needed to move up to make any headlines. I always thought the coolest and biggest thing he could do without Canelo is jump up to fight Beterbiev. I know Mikey took the steam out of jumps like that, but now Canelo is going after a cruiser belt. Yes It’s calculated and Makabu not the biggest or tallest cruiser. The point is if ggg jumped to face Artur it would do a lot for him in the eyes of the fans. It’s they guy grass roots fans want to see Canelo fight. It’s too cool to happen cause this is boxing. GGG is a part time fighter at this point.
          Thuglife Nelo Thuglife Nelo likes this.

Comment

Ah this really sucks but hardly surprising considering Japan has shut the borders, I was really looking forward to this fight and of course the Big Drama Show. Will be interesting to see what a 40 year old GGG has left let's hope it rescheduled soon would be great to see him unify the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post

You said it all. I wasent even thinking about this fight. It gets postponed. Even if they pick a new date does anyone notice? Like you said GGG needed to move up to make any headlines. I always thought the coolest and biggest thing he could do without Canelo is jump up to fight Beterbiev. I know Mikey took the steam out of jumps like that, but now Canelo is going after a cruiser belt. Yes It’s calculated and Makabu not the biggest or tallest cruiser. The point is if ggg jumped to face Artur it would do a lot for him in the eyes of the fans. It’s they guy grass roots fans want to see Canelo fight. It’s too cool to happen cause this is boxing. GGG is a part time fighter at this point.
              Don’t be surprised if Top Rank and GGG Promotions made an agreement should a fighter test positive, with it being blanketed from press. I don’t see VADA having welcomed both GGG vs Murata into enrollment. Could be GGG and Murata missed the cycle. Arum needs GGG for Murata. Help Top Rank a bit. Arum isn’t the type to snitch as well, respecting GGG’s need for more time with testing. Bob hates drug testing. This is widely known. GGG and Loeffler on the hand, would leak news of Murata had he tested positive for something, giving them the reason to fight another Szeremeta type…

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post
                Lol. Bullshet. GGG got skurrred and begged DAZN to delay it and take a 90% pay cut.

I remember joking for a whole year “what if GGG vs Murata gets delayed again!” I’m a gangsta!
                Nope, you´re a ******ed nuthugger and a casual.

Comment

I think he will have turned 45 by the time he returns

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

Nope, you´re a ******ed nuthugger and a casual.
                    shut'cho lil'g loving self

Comment

Working...
                    X