Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haney On WBC Lightweight Title Confusion: They Can Say What They Want To Say, It's Still Disputed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Haney On WBC Lightweight Title Confusion: They Can Say What They Want To Say, It's Still Disputed

LAS VEGAS - Devin Haney refuses to lend any energy to the claim that his title doesn't factor into the discussion of recognizing an undisputed lightweight champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 12-03-2021, 02:44 AM.

“It’s been a long journey to get here and I’m not ready to give it up that easy,” Haney told BoxingScene.com
    What, its a long journey to your computer and opening up your email?

Comment

Haney would school that Kabanossi guy so bad
      1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

I mean just because the WBC caused confusion with all the franchise non-sense, does not mean Haney is the champion. Did he beat Loma, no, Loma was the WBC champ, Lopez beat him, that means he's the champion, and Kombosos beat Lopez, and so on. Before the franchise crap, that would be the pecking order to be champ, why should it change because the WBC is shady.....

Comment

George Kambosos is the unified lineal lightweight champion of the world, but he does not hold the WBC 135 title.

The 'Franchise' championship was initially a honorary title, recent and ongoing modifications to said title should of persuade the general public and more importantly knowledgeable boxing fans, that the 'Franchise' ''championship'', was not genuine -- but boxing fans are easily conned, and feign ignorance when it favors their agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            George Kambosos is the unified lineal lightweight champion of the world, but he does not hold the WBC 135 title.

The 'Franchise' championship was initially a honorary title, recent and ongoing modifications to said title should of persuade the general public and more importantly knowledgeable boxing fans, that the 'Franchise' ''championship'', was not genuine -- but boxing fans are easily conned, and feign ignorance when it favors their agenda.
            The Franchise world championship is higher than the regular world championship in the WBC's ratings, just as the Super world championship is higher than the regular world championship in the WBA's ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

The Franchise world championship is higher than the regular world championship in the WBC's ratings, just as the Super world championship is higher than the regular world championship in the WBA's ratings.
              The WBA 'Super' championship deluded the founding and actual world title, now known as the 'Regular' ' which had a valid lineage. Till this day, the 'Regular' and 'Super' devalues one-another, like in the case of Ryuta Murata and the rest of the 'Regular' champions being 'promoted' -- its a disgraceful way of gaining the highest grade. That is what the WBC did to Devin Haney.

But at least the WBA 'Super' champion has genuine championship traits/qualities in the fact that the 'Super' must prove that he is superior to the 'Regular' champ. The fact that we have to have this baby-talk is a joke, real boxing fans know whats-up.

Comment

The WBA 'Super' championship deluded the founding and actual world title, now known as the 'Regular' ' which had a valid lineage. Till this day, the 'Regular' and 'Super' devalues one-another, like in the case of Ryuta Murata and the rest of the 'Regular' champions being 'promoted' -- its a disgraceful way of gaining the highest grade. That is what the WBC did to Devin Haney.

But at least the WBA 'Super' champion has genuine championship traits/qualities in the fact that the 'Super' must prove that he is superior to the 'Regular' champ. The fact that we have to have this baby-talk is a joke, real boxing fans know whats-up.
                Kambosos beat the man who beat the man. Haney didn't. I agree the super titles and franchise titles are a joke and have made the sport a mess. Hopefully both will be phased out soon. But until then, Kambosos is undisputed champion of the world, recognized by all four organizations as the ultimate champion.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

Kambosos beat the man who beat the man. Haney didn't. I agree the super titles and franchise titles are a joke and have made the sport a mess. Hopefully both will be phased out soon. But until then, Kambosos is undisputed champion of the world, recognized by all four organizations as the ultimate champion.
                  The greed and political interest of promoters and networks is at the root of this prostitution. But I like to think for myself and base my views on principles, honor and integrity,

I don't let corrupt institutions tell me what is truth ; the WBC has the burden of proof, call for Kambosos vs. Haney and re-establish a new order, but they dont want to because obligations of mandatory will defeat the purpose of the 'Franchise' so we are left with this fragmented crap.

Therefore the 'lineal', as you mentioned, trumps the sanctioning body, 'Killa-Kam' is THE MAN. But it sad that the 'lineal' like the 'Franchise' does not carry any duty to face the best, once's its your you can fight bum after bum. Then you wonder, why boxers are jumping weights cherry-picking here and there, winning secondary world-titles claiming to be greats.

Comment

Do you think Timmy will take an undercard spot on Kambosos next fight? If it's in Australia?

Comment

Working...
                    X