Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz: Haney Doesn't Have Confidence in Himself, Needs Others To Boost It Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz: Haney Doesn't Have Confidence in Himself, Needs Others To Boost It Up

Joseph 'JoJo' Diaz says that people are sleeping on his speed, power and skills as he prepares to challenge Devin Haney for the WBC World Lightweight title at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday December 4, live worldwide on DAZN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well it's all about the jab isn't it. If Haney's jab is flowing then it'll be nearly impossible for Diaz to execute his game plan. If not, then it could be interesting and his smaller frame could help him.

Comment

Fair point by Jojo. This guy Haney has a dude rubbing oil on him while calling him ''lord Haney''. I question Haneys mental fortitude, especially after the Linares fight. Its a 50/50 for me.

Comment

Haney is boring in the ring and annoying outside the ring so I really hope Jojo does the job on him but Haney's going to make every effort to keep his distance and shut down any open exchanges. It could be ugly with a lot of holding and cat and mouse games.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
          Haney is boring in the ring and annoying outside the ring so I really hope Jojo does the job on him but Haney's going to make every effort to keep his distance and shut down any open exchanges. It could be ugly with a lot of holding and cat and mouse games.
          I see Haney being alot more dogged this time staying in pocket using his defense and counters and banging JoJo out

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post
            Well it's all about the jab isn't it. If Haney's jab is flowing then it'll be nearly impossible for Diaz to execute his game plan. If not, then it could be interesting and his smaller frame could help him.
            Well, the jab is certainly the most important punch in boxing, but its a bit simplistic to think that there is no way to beat a fighter with a good jab. Right after a fighter learns to throw a jab, he learns to catch/slip and counter it.
            Last edited by NachoMan; 12-02-2021, 02:19 PM.

Comment

This is a real good fight. Watched an interview with Haney earlier and he seemed like a level headed guy.

Saturday should be interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by Zodogg View Post

I see Haney being alot more dogged this time staying in pocket using his defense and counters and banging JoJo out
                Its not smart to move around alot against a southpaw so Haney will have to stand his ground and given Diaz isnt known for being a big puncher and smaller Im sure itll add to the confidence.

I foresee lots of lead hand touching to find range and Haney being able to get there faster because hes longer and a bit quicker. Diaz has quicker hands than people think so itll keep the rds competitive but he will lose a wide decision in a competitive fight. At least thats my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                X