Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Davis, Haney, Lomachenko: Who is in Most Danger?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Davis, Haney, Lomachenko: Who is in Most Danger?

By Cliff Rold - Teofimo Lopez, coming off a career making win over Vasyl Lomachenko, was going to continue his march to superstardom last weekend, going through long delayed mandatory contender George Kambosos and on to bigger things.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I would rank these fights differently from most dangerous to least dangers.

Least Dangerous: The least dangerous between all of these, and this is not to disrespect the other fighter, is Haney vs Diaz. Diaz doesn't have a prayer. Let's just keep it real. Haney is too big and too fast for Diaz, and Diaz can't hurt Haney like Linares had hurt him previously. I saw an interview with Suleiman where before the Gamboa fight, Haney came into the ring weighing 163 pounds. That is how much he rehydrated. Haney is a serious weight bully at 135 pounds, despite not having knockout power. He will be able to keep Diaz at bay with arguable the best jab in boxing and will also be able to walk through whatever Diaz throws at him. It's a very safe fight for Haney.

More Dangerous: Tank vs Cruz. People are sleeping on Cruz. If you think Tank is going to KO the Pitbull with an uppercut, you might be disappointed. It's so obvious that Cruz is undoubtedly training to turn what appears to be a mistake into a weapon. I think this is a dangerous fight for Tank and will be a very difficult fight. It might be another upset considering that many think this is an easy fight for Tank. It's not. Cruz is called the Pitbull for a reason. He's never been down in his life, and that means a lot considering how he fights. Tank isn't adverse to getting in the pocket to mix it up, so don't be surprised if Tank fans find themselves panicking at some point.

Most Dangerous: I agree the Loma vs Commey fight is the most dangerous. That KO power is serous, and Commey is stronger than Lopez. He's not as fast or as explosive, but he might actually hit harder, the kind of punches that make your arms and shoulders go numb. This is another tightrope walk for Loma, where one mistake could spell disaster because of how much smaller he is in comparison to Commey. Nevertheless, I would not be surprised if he stops Commey the same way he stopped Nakatani. Loma just has to have another perfect fight. For me this is the fight that would tell me how he would have done against Teofimo in a rematch.

Comment

I see it the complete opposite almost.

Diaz has the best shot of winning out of all 3 of them

Loma gonna give a Nakatani style battering to Commey

and Davis Cruz will either be a no contest due to head clash or Kenny Bayless will DQ Cruz for his usual tactics.

I meant to quote Cycocryphy but ah well

Comment

I would rank those the opposite. Don't give Comey a chance in hell. Diaz I guess if Haney is on it then he should prevail but no guarantee at all, have to see it. I suppose the more I think about it the less a chance I give Cruz. Could be there will be no upsets.

Comment

In danger? Loma.... He at a size, power disadvantag Next would be Haney depending on his strategy, if he decides to specifically pile up points then survive I doubt he gets stopped or outpointed.
          And Tank? Dude has just enough skill, too much explosiveness, it's a very good chance he scores another uppercut KO
          ​​​​​​

Comment

So sad boxing is reduced to my opponent is better than yours as opposed to actually fighting each other and BS promotes it.

Comment

Least to most... Davis, Loma, Haney... for me...
              Boxing Beast Boxing Beast likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                I see it the complete opposite almost.

Diaz has the best shot of winning out of all 3 of them

Loma gonna give a Nakatani style battering to Commey

and Davis Cruz will either be a no contest due to head clash or Kenny Bayless will DQ Cruz for his usual tactics.

I meant to quote Cycocryphy but ah well
                ————
                I see it the same as you. Although I think Tank will crush his foe.
                At 135, no one is safe. That’s why they’re all busy ducking each other.
                Ryan Garcia is the weakest in the division. I don’t understand how Tank did not respond to all the taunts Garcia made about him. Tank would destroy that kid in 3 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                  ————
                  I see it the same as you. Although I think Tank will crush his foe.
                  At 135, no one is safe. That’s why they’re all busy ducking each other.
                  Ryan Garcia is the weakest in the division. I don’t understand how Tank did not respond to all the taunts Garcia made about him. Tank would destroy that kid in 3 rounds
                  Yeah, you're probably right on Tank too I just want to stick with my crazy outlandish prediction.

Comment

Lomachenko is always in the most danger to me in this division. I see it as he is fighting at his top weight class. And as good as he is, there is zero room for error for him. He cannot KO someone in this grouping with one punch. He needs to outpoint everyone, or shoot for the KO by volume. The vast majority of opponents he faces can KO or at least really hurt him, with natural size usually being in their corner to begin with. I just feel at this point and time, Lomachenko is fighting with a renewed urgency. He has to rebuild his legacy. He has 2 losses on his record, including one massive upset against a guy who got dropped and decisioned in his very next fight. Loma needs quality wins, or he gets the "good, but never as great as his reputation said he was" career treatment.

I see the other two fights the same: Haney and Davis win with any kind of focused effort. They are just better and in their prime against their respective opponents. Not that Diaz or Cruz getting victories will be Earth shattering. They are both true pros and will come to win, so a lack of effort on the part of the favorites will give them the opening each needs to score those wins. It is just unfathomable to me that Haney and Davis would not come loaded to end these fights with extreme prejudice considering the stakes.
                    DeeMoney DeeMoney eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X