Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney: Whatever Diaz Will Want To Do - It's Not Going To Work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Devin Haney: Whatever Diaz Will Want To Do - It's Not Going To Work

Devin Haney will fulfil a dream on Saturday night as he headlines at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, defending his WBC World Lightweight title against interim champion Joseph 'JoJo' Diaz, Jr. on Saturday night, live worldwide on DAZN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I really don’t see how JoJo beats Haney. It’s not like he’s a bum, there just isn’t anything that he does that’s exceptional. He’s a straight up & down fighter with no special effects : average size, speed, power, footwork & defense.

Basically, he has nothing that Haney will have to overcome. I guess the positive here is that he’s at least young & in his prime which is a combination we’re not used t seeing in Haney opponents.

Haney via UD but maybe we’ll get lucky & see JoJo pull a Kambosos

champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

I feel a bit bad about it, but I am just not excited for this fight at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
        I really don’t see how JoJo beats Haney. It’s not like he’s a bum, there just isn’t anything that he does that’s exceptional. He’s a straight up & down fighter with no special effects : average size, speed, power, footwork & defense.

Basically, he has nothing that Haney will have to overcome. I guess the positive here is that he’s at least young & in his prime which is a combination we’re not used t seeing in Haney opponents.

That's exactly what I thought about Kambosos! Lol!

Comment

Haney is definitely the favorite and he's that for a reason. I think it has the potential to be a very difficult fight for Devin.

Diaz doesn't do any one thing exceptionally well but his body attack managed to hurt GRJ and give him some very tough rounds (especially in the first half of the fight before Gary made adjustments). He defeated Farmer and he took on a difficult fighter in Fortuna and defeated him as well. Diaz believes in himself and will bring educated aggression.

Haney is a very gifted fighter but he has shown some flaws himself (lack of power, ability to be visibly hurt). I favor Devin in this fight but I think he's going to have to be focused and on to do so.

Comment

Joseph Diaz has already overachieved. He has had a few upsets. Few expect him to win this one. I think he is too small, and can’t really crack let’s be honest. He is right in line with what Devin Haney has been fed. Gamboa and Linares were given to him so that he can score KO’s on chinny fighters. With Linares buckling Haney to the point where he had to blatantly hold on for dear life, they are downgrading to a fighter who can take a punch but can’t crack.

With this win, Haney/Hearn can finally say they have a win over a top 5 LW.

Comment

Well, to be fair, Haney said the same thing about Linares, I know Linares did not win, but he was close. Linares did have more power, but Diaz has more overall boxing skills, I think size will come into factor.

Comment

I agree. Haney has just too much physical ability for the much smaller JoJo Diaz who is coming up from Featherweight. The only way I can see Diaz beating him is for him to get on the inside and outworking him for twelve rounds; Other than that I don't give him much of a chance. Simply put Devin Haney is the overall better boxer and JoJo is not a puncher.

Comment

This is going to be Haney's toughest fight, got a feeling it's going to be very close
                  PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Definitely gonna be tough for jojo simply cause hankey has an 7 inch reach advantage. I can see him making it a snoozefest and jabbing and running to a decision

Comment

Working...
                    X