Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez To Return on January 27 in Madrid, Spain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez To Return on January 27 in Madrid, Spain

One of the great Argentine and Latin American representatives in the last 20 years, former two division world champion Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez, has already scheduled a date for his next fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not like this, Sergio...not like this. Still one of my favorite fighters to watch but c'mon, bro,
    blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

Sergio must be bored

Comment

Sexy Sergio should just do exhibition matches or get into commentary for a Spanish network.

Comment

I love Sergio, but I have a feeling if GGG beats Murata, Martinez may try and grab the WBO title. Lol
          DeanE DeanE likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
            Not like this, Sergio...not like this. Still one of my favorite fighters to watch but c'mon, bro,
            Feel the same. Loved watching him back in the day, really don't want to see him get badly hurt

Comment

Originally posted by rubbish_calzaghe View Post

Feel the same. Loved watching him back in the day, really don't want to see him get badly hurt
              Right. He's pushing 47 which is dangerous as hell for this sport or any for that matter. The dude took 6 years off.....that's a wrap for him. Had he taken, let's say 2 years off after the Cotto fight, then it wouldn't have been much of an issue regarding a layoff.

He's reached "Exhibition Age" and his handlers should take that path to keep him from harm. Fighters don't know when to quit and we really can't make them retire.

Some fighters should have Go Fund Me "send off" fights. The public himself and public must agree that this is his last fight, pay him WELL to stay the heck away from the sport and wish him well. Some fighters should be paid to stay away at a certain point.

Comment

He just fought in september, against some bum who was prob paid to lose, I didnt even hear about this and he fought twice last year which i also never heard about.

Cotto was 7 years ago and that fight he was shot and hobbling around with blown out knees. He could barely fuking walk in that fight and his team should have cancelled the fight with his injuries but i guess they wanted one final payday.

Comment

If there any style that doesn’t age well

it’d be Sergio

how is he adapting his fighting with age

Comment

Sergio was never the same after messing up his knee in the Chavez Jr fight. I hope he has the sense to stay retired while he can still walk.

Comment

Working...
                    X