Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Conspiracy Theories, Offensive Scoring: Another Weekend in New York City

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Conspiracy Theories, Offensive Scoring: Another Weekend in New York City

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Let's say there's a result. One that nearly every reputable, non-partisan onlooker suggests is valid. Not to mention many more that were actually on the loser's side, too. Nevertheless, the entity on the short end of said result continues to rant and rave about how it was rigged or stolen or somehow the product of a nebulous establishment conspiracy against him.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    sceneboxing sceneboxing likes this.

Based on this writers theory that Teo won the first round for all but 10 or 20 seconds....Teo would have won that round 10-9. If that is the case...deducting the point for the knock down...he would surely score the round 9-9. Kambo didn't get an extra point for the round...he was given 10's because it was believed that he won the round. That means Teo was on 9....minus a point for the knock down for a 10-8 round. It's not that complicated.

Comment

HOW IS THE FIGHT SCORED?

The modern boxing scoring system is known as the '10-Point Must System'. Here is a basic overview of how it works:
      • Judges score each round individually, on a 10-point scale. Most rounds are scored 10-9, with the boxer who did better scoring 10 and 'winning' the round, with the other fighter scoring 9.
      • If a boxer is knocked down or hurt enough to prompt a standing count from the referee, that fighter loses a point. So, if a boxer dominates a round, controlling and landing better punches throughout and also knocks their opponent down, the end result is a 10-8 round. If a boxer dominates the round but gets caught out and put on the canvas for a knockdown, it's a 9-9 round.
      • If both fighters score a knockdown in the same round, the deductions 'cancel each other out (so it would probably still be a 10-9 round in favour of the better boxer)
      • A judge is able to award a 10-8 round without a knockdown, if the fighter scoring 10 dominated the round by a huge margin (this is usually only used if a round is total one-way traffic, or perhaps if a fighter was saved from a knockdown because the round expired).
      • Judges are also able to award a 10-10 round, if the round in their eyes was completely even and there was nothing between the fighters.

Comment

Teofimo Jr. started the silliness in the ring after the fight, going full-on Kanye West during the winner’s interview with Chris Mannix and insisting he’d scored himself ahead in 10 of 12 rounds.

Kambosos stood by like an amused Taylor Swift and labeled his foe “delusional.”

I love it when you call me Teofima,
        I wish I could pretend I didn't need a rematch
        But every touch is ooh, la-la-la
        It's true, la-la-la…

Comment

https://youtu.be/T2hfcoS_GN4?t=936

Comment

We have all seen rounds where you can make it 10-9 even with a knockdown.

This was a legit 10-8 round. Teo wasnt dominating enough previous to the kd to make up the difference. It was a legit knockdown.

If not this time, then there will be tons of rounds where a kd will mean nothing.

Comment

Dont know how Teo gets a 10-9 round when all he was doing was coming forward without touching or hurting George.
              Kambosos knocked him down plus got him with a big left as the round finished.
              If Teo had any type of affective agression he would of knocked down George cause he was putting ever into them punches.
              So no not a 10-9 it should have been 10-8 on all 3 judges scorecards for Kambosos.

Comment

Fitzbitz shows his political leaning I think.

Well, I believe the 2020 US election was stolen, too much evidence that's obvious, but I digress. How did he pick Diaz over Haney?

Haney wins no problem; he is one of the best, although people will hold that one time he got hurt against Linares against him.

Comment

I don’t know what’s with all these cornballs and their lame conspiracy theories about scoring lately but there is a lot of it from the toxic fandom

Comment

I’ve never seen a 10-9 round where a KD occurred. I always knew it was possible, at a judges discretion, but why in this case and not every KD Wilder ever scored against King King, or Fury, when he was clearly being out boxed especially by Fury in their first?
                    There needs to be consistency in this sport for people to not cry foul every time these anomalies occur.
                    Other than that, conspiracy theories are imbecilic, the internet broke society.

Comment

Working...
                    X