Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Sr: Don't Need No Rematch, My Mistake Was Leaving My Son At 135 For So Long

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Sr: Don't Need No Rematch, My Mistake Was Leaving My Son At 135 For So Long

The only adjustment that Teofimo Lopez Jr. is expected to make is adding five pounds to his frame. That was the common takeaway among the team following Lopez's first career defeat, a stunning split decision in favor of George Kambosos Jr. (20-0, 10KOs) in their thrilling lineal/WBA/IBF/WBO lightweight championship Saturday evening at Madison Square Garden's Hulu Theater in New York City. Lopez (16-1, 12KOs) was vocal in the months-long buildup to the fight about it being his last at lightweight, a sentiment his team fully shares to the point of not even thinking about staying at the weight long enough to attempt to avenge the loss.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That always knocking people out may have been Teos downfall. He blew his wad way too early in the fight and didn't have anything left to finish Kambosos off after the knockdown in the 10th

Comment

There's just no getting through to stupid.

Comment

he thinks fights will be easier at 140 lol. commey, lomachenko and kambosos are easy peasy compared to subriel matias, jose ramirez, regis prograis and josh taylor. josh is slipping though. i would like him to fight lomachenko and crawford and retire, lomachenko to retire next year too. don't let anyone use you to build his name when you pass your peak.

Comment

Saying he'll fight Josh Taylor like its guaranteed to happen. Funny how Josh has other ideas.
          charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Being a dad myself I genuinely feel sorry for the guy. Im sure he actually believed his son was the best thing since slice bread so not only did his son lose his belts but all of senior's aspirations and future plans. Furthermore it didnt take a killer to expose him either. George is ok but he gets beat by a few at 135. My advice to him is just keep quiet and work. Teo can come again believe it or not he just needs to get rid of his dad as trainer

Comment

Just watched a video of Snr Saying " I had it 10-2, 9-3 ". Keep going down until you reach 4-8 and you've just had your first experience of reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                Being a dad myself I genuinely feel sorry for the guy. Im sure he actually believed his son was the best thing since slice bread so not only did his son lose his belts but all of senior's aspirations and future plans. Furthermore it didnt take a killer to expose him either. George is ok but he gets beat by a few at 135. My advice to him is just keep quiet and work. Teo can come again believe it or not he just needs to get rid of his dad as trainer
                I'm a dad too. Did you listen to Sr's advice in the corner? Jesus Christ, he should step down as trainer so Teo doesn't have to fire him.

Comment

Teo--get rid of Dad in the corner. He is FKNG up your head. You need a calming force not a screaming maniac. Just watch Tito Trinidad's father in the corner--all business but no shenanigans!

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                    I get what your saying. But Bill Haney offered to step away from Devin to allow him to explore other options, but Devin wanted to keep him and work alongside others. Teo Snr should suggest the same, but you know that won't happen. Ego is getting in the way. If they can't recognize broke, they can't fix things. I'm not saying Teo is a bad fighter, but when your Dad is telling you your doing well and winning, and its clear that he's not? Your never going to be able to make the correct adjustments. Ego and emotion cost him the fight, not a lack of ability. And it will cost them more if they don't address the issue. That's not to take away from Kambosos, he was great on the night, and many underestimated him. But I don't see him cleaning out the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X