Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kambosos, Fulton Start Holidays in Style: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kambosos, Fulton Start Holidays in Style: Weekend Afterthoughts

We got a great fight where we expected it. We got one where most did not as well. That's a winning weekend for fight fans. It turned out the wait was for worth it for the lightweight championship showdown between George Kambosos and Teofimo Lopez. Would things have turned out differently had the fight happened closer to Lopez's upset of Vasyl Lomachenko?
    [Click Here To Read More]

It appears I am not the only one who thinks the Fulton win was not a so called “robbery” as the tin foil hat conspiracy theorists do
    Sosay Sosay likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      It appears I am not the only one who thinks the Fulton win was not a so called “robbery” as the tin foil hat conspiracy theorists do
      No, you're not alone! Fulton won 11 and 12, and that sealed the deal! Figueroa is still a beast! Never seen him in a boring fight! Magsayo vs. Figueroa! MAN UP!

Sosay Sosay Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        No, you're not alone! Fulton won 11 and 12, and that sealed the deal! Figueroa is still a beast! Never seen him in a boring fight! Magsayo vs. Figueroa! MAN UP!
        And this is the thing….I wanted the fellow Texan, Brandon to win it. The lad is from this state, I was pulling for him, been a fan for a spell now. And that fight could have gone his way it could have been a draw or it could have gone to Fulton. Many of those rounds could have been scored for either. To rant and rave that it was a “robbery” is either bias or incompetence or both.
        Sosay Sosay likes this.

Comment

And this is the thing….I wanted the fellow Texan, Brandon to win it. The lad is from this state, I was pulling for him, been a fan for a spell now. And that fight could have gone his way it could have been a draw or it could have gone to Fulton. Many of those rounds could have been scored for either. To rant and rave that it was a “robbery” is either bias or incompetence or both.
          Amen! However, I think the best he could've gotten was a draw! I need Fulton to go back to "Philly Style!" He's doing too much to appease to the "Mexican Style" fan base! If he had not started moving and turning Brandon in the Championship rounds, he would've lost the fight! Get back to Boxing...ASAP!
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Agreed, it was a great fight definitely not a robbery. There could be an argument for why either fighter should win most rounds depending on what you like... I scored to Fultony by one point 115-114, 6 rounds to 5 with the 6th round even...

Would love to see Fulton fight MJ, Roman and Aleem, all of those are great fights. It may not be politically realistic but I would love to see Figueroa fight Vaquero Navaratte at 126lbs. That would be an absolute WAR.

Comment

Kambosos vs Devin Haney is the only fight left for undisputed at lightweight. Gervonta Davis is not a champion at this weight.

Comment

The humor is the posturing comments from the losers.even though Figueroa fought his azz off ihe couldn’t believe they robbed him of his early Christmas gift. To him, Christmas not here yet. Teo just undertrained with rust & underestimating George cost him. He may need Loma to get back up.

Comment

Very good article Cliff, high quality write up. I had Figueroa edging it, but I don't see anything wrong if someone felt the outcome should have gone to the Philly fighter. It was a close fight and really depends on what you like and who you thought was meeting more of the criteria. I think it was the first Cuadras/Estrada fight which had a similar vibe (although different styles), two guys who fought on equal terms and different eyes saw different winners.

I thought Fulton was affected by some of Brandon's shots. Fulton looked more in control of himself and landed cleaner shots ("Cool Boy" indeed). Helluva fight either way.

Comment

My point exactly. At least 5-6 rds could've went either way. When they happens, it means scores could be anywhere. Too bad he's a sore lower and doesn't want the rematch. It was a great fight but he lost. Learn from it and move on.

Comment

Working...
                    X