Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez's Prophecy Crashes, George Kambosos Catapults His Stock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez's Prophecy Crashes, George Kambosos Catapults His Stock

By Corey Erdman - Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos Jr. had conflicting premonitions prior to their lineal lightweight title fight on Saturday. Lopez said that he had already seen how the fight was going to end, a left hook knockout in the very first round. His father disagreed only slightly, saying that he had envisioned a right hand doing the job. Lopez said that the result was inevitable, it had already occurred in his mind, all he had to do was go out and realize it.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

Best written article I've ever read here.

Still think the gaslighting is a little harsh. Lot's of men are like that. Anyway great read.

Comment

Lopez needs therapy simple as that. With all that has gone on in his personal life and all that still is going on there is no way he can perform at optimal levels inside the ring. Nobpdy else could either because the training camp would be less than optimal. He is a very talented boxer and with a more stable personal life and a professional trainer then he can still go on to capture more titles.

Comment

Lopez is being heavily criticised for his behaviour but a part of that arrogance came from crazy levels of self-belief. And that self belief was probably a large part of why he chased Lomachenko and agreed to fight him. So the self belief and arrogance is a double edged sword, a blessing and curse at the same time. Very similar to Wilder in that sense.

Comment

I really look forward to Erdman’s essays on Sun nights. This is an excellent one on the night after the Upset of the Year. “Preposterous” to chase boxing glory indeed. I love massive upsets in boxing, but I hope Teo gets himself together and marches forward again. In the meantime who can’t appreciate what Kambosos just did? You aren’t a boxing fan if you can’t; you’re just a sycophant. I agree with SteveM”s comments as well. What a sad image: Teo doing the backflip for no one. Delusional.
          Last edited by ambrose1am; 11-29-2021, 02:41 AM.
          gluvsup gluvsup likes this.

Comment

Great article that adds another piece to the puzzle. I have to be honest here; I have met a lot of people in my life (as I'm sure everyone has), and I have met some who suffered from delusions of grandeur. I suppose for Lopez, a large part of it was based on truth. But with the way he has been talking and acting, knowing whom he's surrounded by and how unhealthy it is, I'm going to make a bold prediction: We have seen the last of Teofimo Lopez.

Maybe he comes back for another fight soon but I don't see it. I think it's time for Lopez to see a psychiatrist and/or therapist. I've seen this several times before. His physical injuries are going to heal long before his mental ones ever do. He is grossly unwell.

Comment

Great read.
              You could tell he just wasn't right mentally in the fight especially in the corner. He would go from looking kinda lost when walking back to the corner to a big smile that would quickly dissappear and then almost a look of sadness in his eyes and then a mean look all of a sudden. Things aren't right in his world.

Comment

Bro...."u deh write"Great read....write-up of the year
                Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchWonder View Post
                  Great read.
                  You could tell he just wasn't right mentally in the fight especially in the corner. He would go from looking kinda lost when walking back to the corner to a big smile that would quickly dissappear and then almost a look of sadness in his eyes and then a mean look all of a sudden. Things aren't right in his world.
                  Oh shut up. You sound like a wuss with kleenex all over your coffee table. It was a great scrap. Easily the fight of the year. Quit going all emo and woke on us. This fight was what boxing is all about.
                  Mike con Mike con likes this.

Comment

never liked lopez glad he got beat up
                    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X