Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Figueroa: I Hurt Fulton Five or Six Times, It Was Robbery of The Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brandon Figueroa: I Hurt Fulton Five or Six Times, It Was Robbery of The Year

Park MGM, Las Vegas - Brandon Figueroa (22-1-1, 17 KOs) was furious with losing his unbeaten record and his world title. In a WBC, WBO super bantamweight unification, Figueroa lost a twelve round majority decision to Stephen Fulton (20-0, 8 KOs) in an action-packed war.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yep, robbery it was.
    P4PLoser P4PLoser likes this.

Comment

I think the fight could’ve gone either way so no way was this a robbery.

8-4 for Fulton did seem a bit fishy though.
      just the facts just the facts likes this.

Comment

Great fight...
        Fulton showed his "Philly Grit" & fought Figueroa hard when he could have used a different style & not absorbed as much punishment.

Figueroa is a Robot... His style is not pretty to watch but his pressure & bodywork is brutal to his opponents.

I'd like to see a rematch at some point but both should go their own way at meet a couple fights down the line.

Comment

A robbery on Showtime, I'm shocked.

Comment

I had it 7-5 Figueroa, so like most felt it was a close fight. So many of the rounds followed the same script: Fulton looks good early on and landed cleaner punches, but as the round wears on Figueroa works his way in and it becomes a fight in a phone booth. I think Figueroa clearly did better work on the inside and won most of the rounds that followed that script.

But its feasible for a judge at ringside to have seen Fulton win the early part of these rounds, and then score the firefight/phonebooth part as even (hard to see), and thus give the round to Fulton. So its not really a robbery (as in rigged), its just the risk you take when fighting so much on the inside and attack the body- those shots arent as clear to a judge sitting with their vantage point. Hopefully that body investment pays off in other ways later on, but it doesnt always win rounds.

That being written, I thought Fulton was foolish to continually engage in such a fight. He was clearly more successful when fighting off the back foot.

Comment

This kid has some audacity. 1. It wasn’t a robbery and 2. Not even close to the worst decision we’ve seen this year. Maestre vs fox was horrible and resulted in a judge being suspended. Valdez vs conceicao was pretty bad too.

Comment

Even though I thought it was close with Fulton edging it out, I really am not impressed with Figueroa. I was actually rooting for him but the guy has to learn to punch. He's not generating as much power as he could or should. Half the punches he throws have absolutely nothing on them. Just wasted energy. This was no robbery . The fight was razor close .
                Last edited by breeto80; 11-28-2021, 03:36 PM.
                PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
                  I had it 7-5 Figueroa, so like most felt it was a close fight. So many of the rounds followed the same script: Fulton looks good early on and landed cleaner punches, but as the round wears on Figueroa works his way in and it becomes a fight in a phone booth. I think Figueroa clearly did better work on the inside and won most of the rounds that followed that script.

But its feasible for a judge at ringside to have seen Fulton win the early part of these rounds, and then score the firefight/phonebooth part as even (hard to see), and thus give the round to Fulton. So its not really a robbery (as in rigged), its just the risk you take when fighting so much on the inside and attack the body- those shots arent as clear to a judge sitting with their vantage point. Hopefully that body investment pays off in other ways later on, but it doesnt always win rounds.

That being written, I thought Fulton was foolish to continually engage in such a fight. He was clearly more successful when fighting off the back foot.
                  Very good comment. I had the same score as you but it was close. Fulton is a very good fighter but he engaged in the type of fight that Figueroa had a chance of winning. I think he would have had more success engaging off the back foot, using more space and angles and sticking the jab out more. Of course, it's easy for me to say that from my couch. It may have been harder to actually do in the ring and in the face of Figueroa's barrage of punches.

Comment

I had it 6-6.

I agree 8-4 Fulton is too wide but I wouldn't have a problem with 7-5 Fulton or 7-5 Figueroa. Run it back.
                    woftam woftam likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X