Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stephen Fulton: I Was Landing A lot of Clean Shots, Figueroa Hit My Arms A lot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stephen Fulton: I Was Landing A lot of Clean Shots, Figueroa Hit My Arms A lot

In a non-stop action fight between undefeated super bantamweight world champions, Stephen Fulton Jr. unified WBO and WBC titles with a majority decision victory over Brandon Figueroa from Dolby Live at Park MGM in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Close and tough fight to score. Who was the boss? Who fought his fight? Which fighter was busier? Who landed the cleaner blows? A lot of holding by Fulton. Ref could have taken a point away. Some low blows on both sides. This said, 8 to 4 for Fulton? C'mon.. The draw seemed the least unjust verdict.

Comment

So far that had to be fight of the year, back and forth ebb and flow. There had to be a rematch. This one has trilogy written all over it

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        So far that had to be fight of the year, back and forth ebb and flow. There had to be a rematch. This one has trilogy written all over it
        um no fight of the year is fury vs wilder 3 hands down you have to have knockdowns in order to be fight of the year by ring magazine

Comment

It was a draw for this observer, though Fulton's superior technical skills may have justified a one-point win, even if he was the one who got closer to get hurt.

The two judges who gave Fulton four points are not too serious.
          greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by maespinoza1990 View Post

um no fight of the year is fury vs wilder 3 hands down you have to have knockdowns in order to be fight of the year by ring magazine
            cool, thanks for your comment.

Comment

Figueroa landed 314 shots, even when someone lands on your arms as he claims, it's still a shot landed, the only time it doesn't count is when you miss, if it lands on your body, it's a landed shot. And that was to Fulton body, not arms. And to make things worse for him, he was hurt on six different occasions, no draw, it was a clear win for, Figueroa, anyone who says otherwise, is blind, or a Homer.

Comment

I think Estrada v Chocolatito II was fight of the year. This was great tho. It really could've went either way.

Fighters crying in the interviews after a close fight lose me as a fan. I'm off of Fig and Teo.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                  Figueroa landed 314 shots, even when someone lands on your arms as he claims, it's still a shot landed, the only time it doesn't count is when you miss, if it lands on your body, it's a landed shot. And that was to Fulton body, not arms. And to make things worse for him, he was hurt on six different occasions, no draw, it was a clear win for, Figueroa, anyone who says otherwise, is blind, or a Homer.
                  Have to disagree with this logic. Landing on arms do not count as scores punches. If that was the case, all fighters connect percentages would be in the high 50s to 60s as everyone would simply swing nonstop to connect. No disrespect but you sound like you don’t understand how to score boxing rounds and you may need to check the rule book before making comments like this.
                  andocom andocom likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X