Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: We Should All Be Thankful That This Teofimo Lopez-Kambosos Debacle Will Soon Be Behind Us

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: We Should All Be Thankful That This Teofimo Lopez-Kambosos Debacle Will Soon Be Behind Us

By Keith Idec - Teofimo Lopez was in New York, waiting impatiently in his hotel room for a moment he had at times thought would never arrive. This is as close as Lopez has come to actually defending his lightweight titles against Australia's George Kambosos Jr. Based on the absolute absurdity of the past six months, though, the undefeated, unified 135-pound champion won't believe he'll battle Kambosos until he enters the ring Saturday night at Madison Square Garden's Hulu Theater.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why does the writer keep referring to "Lopez-Kambosos" in every other sentence of this article?? Does he think his audience is full of 5 year olds or something?
    A lot of American writers really dumb it down when it comes to repeating themselves unnecessarily. I don;t need to be reminded who the article is about every few seconds. I'm aware that it's about Lopez and Kambosos from the title of the article, and I don't have the memory of a stoned goldfish, thanks.
    I find it hard to read these kind of articles. They are just insulting to the intelligence.

Comment

This last presser felt like a wack battle rap!

Comment

Originally posted by mattr View Post
        Why does the writer keep referring to "Lopez-Kambosos" in every other sentence of this article?? Does he think his audience is full of 5 year olds or something?
        A lot of American writers really dumb it down when it comes to repeating themselves unnecessarily. I don;t need to be reminded who the article is about every few seconds. I'm aware that it's about Lopez and Kambosos from the title of the article, and I don't have the memory of a stoned goldfish, thanks.
        I find it hard to read these kind of articles. They are just insulting to the intelligence.
        It's to do with SEO - getting the article listed higher in search engines and building Boxing Scene's authority as well. That's why every damn article repeats the whole history about all the fallen-through fight dates - it's unnecessary for SEO and to the reader's detriment.
        Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

This last presser felt like a wack battle rap!
          lol - too true - I hope the fight lasts long enough to match the entertainment of the build up by pretty sure Kobosos is taking up astronomy by the midway point.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

lol - too true - I hope the fight lasts long enough to match the entertainment of the build up by pretty sure Kobosos is taking up astronomy by the midway point.

I cant believe that Teo's last opponent was Vasily Lomachenko, its felt like Lopez should of had two title defenses by now. I remember when Teofimo Lopez sr. was talking about ending Loma inside five rounds, but it went the distance. Here the Lopez are again promising a brutal KO, how does Teo's stock look if George Kambosos goes 12? The pressure is on Lopez.

Comment

Lopez loses this fight.

Comment

There has to be a better system for this!!! I know that this stupid virus created some challenges, but it is far too frequent for us to see fighters like this with belts and prestige in a situation where fighting truly matters to legacies and titles not fight for way too long. I grew a full Santa beard since Lopez last fought!

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                  Lopez loses this fight.
                  Have u ever seen Kambosos fight ? There's a reason it's 10-1 odds. This fight is a mismatch and personally, I can't see how they can justify it. But this is boxing. It's the best against whoever. Nobody gives a rats a s s anymore. It's pathetic.
                  Last edited by breeto80; 11-26-2021, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Should have just been on regular ESPN, on this weekend it would have done big numbers. No ones going to see it now. Lopez is delusional

Comment

Working...
                    X