Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather CEO: A Lot Of People Think Tank Davis Just Has 'Urban' Fans, But He Pulls A Crowd Wherever We Go

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather CEO: A Lot Of People Think Tank Davis Just Has 'Urban' Fans, But He Pulls A Crowd Wherever We Go

Among the things that Gervonta 'Tank' Davis has proven since advancing to main event status is his ability to draw a crowd no matter where he performs.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Anyone ever notice that Ellerbe claims that Tank is a " Star" but Showtime never releases his PPV buy's, interesting since Canelo just did 800k and they released those numbers with in a few days. Guessing by his guaranteed purses which are around one to two million, I'm guessing 100 to 200k for PPV buy's.
    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Let’s everyone focus on sales. Pay no attention to the quality of the trash we’re selling.

Comment

I don't doubt it. But in years to come when we look up Boxrec, is it gonna list his crowd attendances and ppv sales? Or is it gonna list the opponent's that he fought? I'm guessing the latter. And right now that leaves a lot to be desired. Sure they're making money. But this is a special talent going to waste right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
          Anyone ever notice that Ellerbe claims that Tank is a " Star" but Showtime never releases his PPV buy's, interesting since Canelo just did 800k and they released those numbers with in a few days. Guessing by his guaranteed purses which are around one to two million, I'm guessing 100 to 200k for PPV buy's.
          Not just his but across the board. Seems like there's no way to verify if numbers are being inflated so that's why I take numbers thrown out with a grain of salt. Odd though that Crawford vs Porter #'s were thrown out as a definitive 190K buys within a few days but every other PBC ppv card is always "trending towards" or something vague like that then never release a figure....idk,probably reading too much into it but food for thought.

Comment

After the Floyd fight, Canelo fought Ángulo on PPV. The sale rate were ****tiey af, so they put him back on network TV. Point is, is tank isn’t selling enough PPV, they wouldn’t hesitate to place him back on regular Showtime.
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post

After the Floyd fight, Canelo fought Ángulo on PPV. The sale rate were ****tiey af, so they put him back on network TV. Point is, is tank isn’t selling enough PPV, they wouldn’t hesitate to place him back on regular Showtime.
              Yea I think they were around 400k, clearly below what they expected at the time.

Comment

He fogot to mention he is the Mexi-assassin as well..if you are a Chico you have already have your foot in the door.

Comment

Bro there is enough illegal Mejicanos in Cali alone to hit those number..Mexicans will see one of their own against a chimpanzees and claim its an excellent step up for the brethren...tank is not doing bad with numbers..

Comment

He pulls a whole crowd of woman beaters to watch him fight the undersized and the elderly, you mean.
                    JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X