Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka vs. Jerwin Ancajas Finalized, December 31 in Tokyo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka vs. Jerwin Ancajas Finalized, December 31 in Tokyo

Jerwin Ancajas (33-1-2, 22 KOs), from Panabo City, Philippines, and Kazuto Ioka (27-2, 15 KOs), from Tokyo, Japan, will put up their dukes and their respective IBF and WBO junior bantamweight world titles, when they collide in a world title unification battle on Saturday, December 31, at the Ota-City General Gymnasium in Tokyo.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Best fight to close out the yearend!
    #warjerwin!!

Comment

Helluva fight. Credit both fighter for being willing to take a risk to be added to the 115 top.
      Mexican_Puppet Mexican_Puppet likes this.

Comment

Ioka should win this handily.

Hopefully we also get SSR vs Cuadras II and Chocolatito vs Estrada III soon.

Comment

Hope the winner of Ioka-Ancajas will fight Juan Francisco Estrada next year for undisputed title at Jr. Bantamweight division...

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
            Hope the winner of Ioka-Ancajas will fight Juan Francisco Estrada next year for undisputed title at Jr. Bantamweight division...
            Estrada vacated the WBC. He was ordered to take place in a four man tournament; Estrada vs Chocolatito III winner vs Cuadras vs SSR II winner. But we haven't heard any updates in a bit. But it's supposed to be Carlos Cuadras vs Srisaket Sor Rungvisai II for the WBC strap.

Comment

Happy new year!!

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Estrada vacated the WBC. He was ordered to take place in a four man tournament; Estrada vs Chocolatito III winner vs Cuadras vs SSR II winner. But we haven't heard any updates in a bit. But it's supposed to be Carlos Cuadras vs Srisaket Sor Rungvisai II for the WBC strap.
                Ahh so we can't have an undisputed champ sooner...

Comment

Only seven comments for this high quality match-up. And once again Kazuto Ioka is involved in another Super-Flyweight classic, hes been on fire ever since he came up from 112. Thats how to close-out a career. Finally, Jerwin is stepping-up, but perhaps Ioka's questionable decision over Francisco Rodriguez Jr. is what gave him that needed confidence.

I got to give Kazuto Ioka the edge, for all the right reasons, but he looked a bit worn vs. Rodriguez jr. so maybe Ancajas catches him at the right moment.
                  Mexican_Puppet Mexican_Puppet likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    Only seven comments for this high quality match-up. And once again Kazuto Ioka is involved in another Super-Flyweight classic, hes been on fire ever since he came up from 112. Thats how to close-out a career. Finally, Jerwin is stepping-up, but perhaps Ioka's questionable decision over Francisco Rodriguez Jr. is what gave him that needed confidence.

I got to give Kazuto Ioka the edge, for all the right reasons, but he looked a bit worn vs. Rodriguez jr. so maybe Ancajas catches him at the right moment.
                    I think the main problem is that, though both these guys are good, neither of them are legitimately top four in the division.

I think most people would put Chocolatito, Estrada, Sor Rungvisai, and Cuadras above all four of them and people just want to see the rematches between those four.

I'm going to watch this fight but I have Ioka a level below those four and I have Ancajas several levels below Ioka, unless Ioka is just totally shot.
                    just the facts just the facts likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X