Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: So Many People Told Me They Don't Know How To Get ESPN App; Didn't Buy Porter Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford: So Many People Told Me They Don't Know How To Get ESPN App; Didn't Buy Porter Fight

Terence Crawford feels that limiting the availability of his pay-per-view fight with Shawn Porter to ESPN+ was partially responsible for its buy rate falling below expectations.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What they told each other: “he ain’t give me a ticket”

what they told him: “sorry bruh, I don’t know how to use the App Store”

the crazy thing is he goes home with more money when it’s bought via the app since cable doesn’t get half of it.
    Last edited by turnedup; 11-24-2021, 05:46 PM.
    TheClap TheClap Boro Boro like this.

Comment

Canelo garnered 800,000 PPV buys by fighting on showtime.. perhaps if Crawford wants more money then he should have his next PPV on showtime where they have a large audience in the urban market and if he fights Spence or Charlo then that'll be over a million buys

Comment

I can see where Crawford is coming from with the nuances of buying it and people not being so tech savvy but in this day and age that's not really acceptable...
        Almost everything is done through "tech", unless all his "fans" are grave dodgers this really shouldn't of been that much of an issue, both guys just aren't needle movers sadly.
        Last edited by Boro; 11-24-2021, 05:55 PM.
        Boxing fan1981 Boxing fan1981 likes this.

Comment

I couldn’t find a legit way to buy this in Canada, finally went with a sketchy online stream. I don’t have cable though, I’ve been a cord cutter for years.

Comment

I can attest to Crawford’s statement. I came home from the gym 1030 EST. Turned on my Fios just to realize that the fight wasn’t on PPV. Then my TV didn’t have the ESPN app (although it came with DAZN). 1030PM And tired. I don’t have the patience to be fkn around trying to figure out the ESPN+ app. Therefor so didn’t but the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by breeto80
              First of all, everyone who's anyone knows Crawford is a racist. He only associates with black people. So who's exactly he talking about when he says these people don't know how to get an app? It's black people , nuff said. Figure that out. Also Crawford hasnt beat anyone, ever of note. Don't buy this crap that Porter was a worthy opponent. It was his last fight and everyone knew it. On the record it will go down as a victory over a 34 yr old in his last fight of his career. A fighter that Spence has already beaten a few years earlier. Nobody was fooled but a few blacks. Nobody with 1/2 a pea in their skull are fooled by Crawford. Nobody. As his PPV numbers reflect. If the blacks cared or knew about Crawford and cared about this mismatch, they would've found a way to get this app. Or whatever they had to do. Bottom line? They didn't care. They probably didn't even know the fight was on .
              you’re dumb Crawford doesn’t even do interviews with black media row aka the LDBC. No prof Crawford is a racist.

Comment

First of all, everyone who's anyone knows Crawford is a racist. He only associates with black people. So who's exactly he talking about when he says these people don't know how to get an app? It's black people , nuff said. Figure that out. Also Crawford hasnt beat anyone, ever of note. Don't buy this crap that Porter was a worthy opponent. It was his last fight and everyone knew it. On the record it will go down as a victory over a 34 yr old in his last fight of his career. A fighter that Spence has already beaten a few years earlier. Nobody was fooled but a few blacks. Nobody with 1/2 a pea in their skull are fooled by Crawford. Nobody. As his PPV numbers reflect. If the blacks cared or knew about Crawford and cared about this mismatch, they would've found a way to get this app. Or whatever they had to do. Bottom line? They didn't care. They probably didn't even know the fight was on .
                Calling Crawford a racist while suggesting that black people don't know how to use an app? Nuff said. I am Mexican/Japanese and met Crawford 3 years ago. He was very kind. Face it, you are a smooth brained loser who just hates the man. Fact is he stopped a guy who has never been stopped, he also gave Spence all he can handle previously. You are simply just a bitter little clown.

Comment

Meanwhile, Eddie Hearn is furiously taking notes...
                  TheClap TheClap likes this.

Comment

Never seen anything about Crawford being a racist tbf what's your source for this?

Comment

Working...
                    X