Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Gervonta Davis Holds Media Workout, Turkey Giveaway in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Gervonta Davis Holds Media Workout, Turkey Giveaway in Las Vegas

Gervonta Davis Training Photos Gallery - LAS VEGAS - Five-time world champion Gervonta "Tank" Davis held a "Turkey Giveaway" on Tuesday, as the WBA Lightweight Champion, along with Mayweather Promotions, handed out 150 turkeys, plus gift cards and more to Las Vegas residents. (photos by Dave Mandel)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great charitable work from Tank and company as a lot family's are struggling to recover from this whole cluster fuch of a pandemic,gotta respect that. Looks like he's genuinely enjoying handing them out as well, it's a great feeling no doubt.
    Last edited by Sctrojan; 11-23-2021, 08:41 PM.

Comment

One of the key reasons we are here, in this life, to leave a mark in a positive way and helping others is huge part of that mark we leave behind when we go. I once gave my umbrella to a homeless person in the rain. I could buy another umbrella or go home and shower and dry off, the homeless person could not do either. Each month I give to "Feed the Children" and over a period of time have financed thousands of meals for children. It is a great feeling. This is a great gesture toward the needy what Gervonta is doing.
      Last edited by richardt; 11-23-2021, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Both these dudes above kissing the ring. It's called a PR stunt, thankfully it does benifit someone but it's truly to promote himself. Did he do the same for Baltimore or were the cameras not there?

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
          Both these dudes above kissing the ring. It's called a PR stunt, thankfully it does benifit someone but it's truly to promote himself. Did he do the same for Baltimore or were the cameras not there?
          I can tell a sincere smile when I see one and Gervanta was really enjoyed doing what he was doing....Charlo had that same sincere smile when he greeted his fans before the Castrano fight. I know fake a mile away and Gervanta and Charlo were extremely sincere, regardless if the cameras were there or not, they would still be doing something that was heartfelt to them.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post

I can tell a sincere smile when I see one and Gervanta was really enjoyed doing what he was doing....Charlo had that same sincere smile when he greeted his fans before the Castrano fight. I know fake a mile away and Gervanta and Charlo were extremely sincere, regardless if the cameras were there or not, they would still be doing something that was heartfelt to them.
            That is great you feel that way. However when the cameras aren't around they getting in trouble for doing dumb some s**t. Nothing but PR work, bet the money isn't even coming out his pocket.

Comment

ah from the floyd playbook, literally a re-run.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

That is great you feel that way. However when the cameras aren't around they getting in trouble for doing dumb some s**t. Nothing but PR work, bet the money isn't even coming out his pocket.
                For this event, no one should judge Davis and say he is not capable of paying for a couple hundred Turkey's to give away. On top of that, he is using his time which can be more valuable that money. Lets not pretend there is no way that he is capable of taking great joy in handing out food to needy people just for the sake of it. A lot of guys with bad boy images have given to charity and have a heart.
                Last edited by richardt; 11-24-2021, 12:26 AM.

Comment

I won't complain, it's the right thing to do. The holidays are coming, enough with the humbug. He's no saint, but neither am I, let him be magnanimous.

Comment

This is the least he could do for the fans after pimping them for ppv money taking fights we all know he’s gonna win
                    tritium_arma tritium_arma likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X