Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Hits Back at Talk That Mayweather Promotions Is Protecting Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Hits Back at Talk That Mayweather Promotions Is Protecting Him

Gervonta Davis will take on Isaac Cruz on Dec. 5 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles to headline a Showtime pay-per-view. The lightweight contender Cruz (22-1-1, 15 KOs) is a replacement opponent substituting in for Rolando Romero, who was pulled from the announced fight following a series of sexual assault allegations.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"They are calling my name. Okay. Catch them at the right time. Catch them while they're sleeping. That's what I am doing. Just pop right up on them. Say, 'here it is. You've been calling my name."

Got a way with words!

Comment

Hes right. Tefimo not fighting top guys its his 1st fight since lomenchenko. We know cryn Ryan aint fighting top guys, haneys not. Lomenchenko not. So its all business. Everyone pick the best fights with the least risk to build up for the big fights if everyone fought the best at 1time. Boxing would be dead in 1yr u would have rematchs and trilogys. They want the long money!

Comment

“Whoever is in the top four, I don’t know who they’re talking about. Name somebody that is fighting the top whoever. You don’t see any other top fighters fighting top guys. I don’t know when it’s going to happen. It’ll probably happen next year or the year after that.''

Comment

Originally posted by 3onethatruth View Post
          Hes right. Tefimo not fighting top guys its his 1st fight since lomenchenko. We know cryn Ryan aint fighting top guys, haneys not. Lomenchenko not. So its all business. Everyone pick the best fights with the least risk to build up for the big fights if everyone fought the best at 1time. Boxing would be dead in 1yr u would have rematchs and trilogys. They want the long money!
          Teo has beaten Loma in less fights than it took to for Davis to win a world title. He beat Commey before that, who is a more accomplished championship level fighter than Cruz/Romero or Barrios and many others on Davis record. Haney has fought Linares this year and is now about to fight Diaz. These are far more accomplished fighters than what Davis is fighting in 2021. Loma has fought plenty top fighters and even Commey next is a more accomplished championship proven fighter than Davis opponents in 21. Josh Taylor has cleaned out the 140 lb division beating champions and championship level proven fighters. Davis is having a bum 2021 in comparison to these guys. They are fighting a better calibre. So Davis is not right. He is being protected. But do not confuse me saying this with him not wanting the big fights. I can see he's itching for those big fights. But he is being protected from them and that's just fact.

Comment

None of the 4 kings (5 if you count Lomachenko) are fighting each other, and that's the problem! I understand Floyd's angle with him benefitting most from the Latino community! Nobody outside "the hood" remembers Floyd vs. Zab, but that was big to us! I feel Tank vs. GRJ would've been just like that, and I really wanted that! Tank vs. Prograis would've been a goodie! I think Tank vs. Colbert (if he beats Gutierrez) could be like that too, but I doubt Floyd will give us that one either! I don't like the trend AT ALL, but I understand the game!

Comment

Tank isnt wrong. It doesnt justify them not fighting each other at all though. I can see Tank, Teo, Haney and Lomo as top notch in the division but why the hell do people mention Garcia? He isnt fighting anymore and every time he is gonna step up in class lately towards that signature fight he talks about the other guys and then cancels his upcoming fight. The other 4 would be fun to see in any order in the ring together.
              Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Teo fought Loma when Stank ran from him. Davis is 27 years old and has yet to fight any top level contender, in any weight class he's been in. He's by far the most protected fighter out there. He's giving Andrade a run for his money as far as fighting nobodies.
                charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

fight 1 of em loma garcia haney lopez 2022 if none fought then your protected
                  Boxing401 Boxing401 likes this.

Comment

Considering "his" response is way above his mental capabilities, I can only guess how long had his owners been torturing him with training to produce that

Comment

Working...
                    X