Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Janibek Alimkhanuly Requests Mandatory Shot at Demetrius Andrade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Janibek Alimkhanuly Requests Mandatory Shot at Demetrius Andrade

Janibek Alimkhanuly did not waste any time to sort out his next challenge following his latest win. An official request has been filed with the World Boxing Organization (WBO) by Egis Klimas, Alimkhanuly's manager who aims to secure a mandatory title shot for the unbeaten middleweight from Kazakhstan. If approved, Alimkhanuly will receive a one-spot bump from his current number-two ranking and a clear path towards next challenging WBO middleweight titlist Demetrius Andrade.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 11-22-2021, 06:42 PM.

I like the move. That would be a very good fight. Janibek has looked good in battering the likes of Brant and N'Dam but Andrade is a different level IMO. On the flip side, I think Janibek would be a much more difficult challenger than any previous defense Andrade has made of this belt. Let's make it happen.

Andrade could very well lose his belt before he gets his big money fight.
    Boxing Beast Boxing Beast likes this.

Comment

I don't mind that fight.

Comment

Would be an interesting fight. Janibek is the only southpaw Andrade has faced, besides Akavov, in I don't know how many years. I don't remember much of that fight though other than the dubious stoppage. I think Jan would provide a skillset Andrade hasn't seen in a long time.
        Last edited by AKAcronym; 11-22-2021, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Andrade and Charlo should unify

Comment

This is a much much better opponent than the guys Andrade has been fighting, we will see if Andrade takes it, I guess if it's mandatory he doesn't have a choice.

Comment

Will Doo Doo accept? He's content to fight the Quigley's or wait for a big Canelo fight.

Comment

Who is this guy that's throwing his name in the hat? Politics at work smh/lol. Give Andrade one of the names he's been asking for - Charlo, Munguia, GGG.

Comment

Munguia passing up on multiple title shots is somehow acceptable

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post
                    Will Doo Doo accept? He's content to fight the Quigley's or wait for a big Canelo fight.
                    He is not content with the Quigleys of the world. While Andrade vs GGG is probably the easiest fight to make , the fight that makes the most sense is Andrade vs Charlo since both are in their prime and in need of bigger opportunities. Winner goes on loser continues to fight B level fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X