No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter Walks Away From The Ring on His Own Terms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter Walks Away From The Ring on His Own Terms

By Corey Erdman - Although Shawn Porter announced his retirement officially following his loss to Terence Crawford, he probably knew he was in his final moments when he hit the canvas for a second time in the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Exciting ? I found Porter to be one of the most " frustrating " fighters ever to lace gloves on. A poor man's Aaron Pryor. But when Pryor swung wildly , he connected flush on the chin or body and had power. Huge difference. Porter in my mind was one of those contenders that would give the Champs a safe defence and some rounds. Make it look like they had tough defenses when actually they were like tough sparring sessions. Porter couldn't crack an egg. Sorry, he just wasn't a fighter I enjoyed watching. Was sort of forced to watch him because everyone wanted to fight him. Why did everyone want to fight him ? For all the reasons I mentioned. Doesn't hit hard or flush and will give you rounds. In my mind he was just a small , light hitting Welter who should never of fought above 140.

Comment

Enjoyed reading that piece.
      Well done to Showtime Shawn Porter.
      You have earned your retirement.

Comment

Great piece

Comment

What terms are those ?

Porter was a tough fighter but an unpleasant one to watch.

Comment

Thought that was a bit harsh. You don't really know how they are with each other. Can't just assume you know what's in peoples heads. As for the decision; it was fine. Porters legs had gone; there was no way Bud was letting him finish that round on his feet.

Great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Walexhris View Post
              Great piece
              Well written Article ...
              I'm just sorry Shawn's father felt he had to express his feelings with such harsh words towards his son
              But all n all it was a great fight
              BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Good reading piece
                greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

It annoys me when fighters retire after losing to someone better. He should get better and try again. Even if he can't beat Crawford - you learn a lot from those kind of fights that you can use in other fights. These fights should make you better not make you retire.

Would be interesting to hear if Porter was saying before the fight "I feel the best ever!" after training camp

Comment

Always good to see a fighter having the good sense to get out with all their faculties intact. Hope the next phase of his career goes well.
                    OldTerry OldTerry likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X