Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford's Take On Porter Fight: I Didn't Think It Was Close At All; Was Doing What I Wanted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford's Take On Porter Fight: I Didn't Think It Was Close At All; Was Doing What I Wanted

LAS VEGAS - Terence Crawford's head trainer warned him at times Saturday night that he wasn't sure how the judges were viewing a very competitive fight Crawford's corner men felt he was winning.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Another predictable ending for a predictable fight...yawn. has Swift Garcia signed the contract to fight TC next yet? Anyone?

Comment

A bit of an uncharitable assessment of the fight as a whole but arguably true of the last few rounds before the fight ended
      _Maxi _Maxi likes this.

Comment

It was a good test. He passed. Now please keep your foot on the gas and we may just have something

Comment

doing what he wanted? i doubt he planned on getting hit as much as he did. porter landed cleanly a pretty lot

Comment

The first few rounds had Porter up on his toes with his pedal to the metal but he didn’t land much and the effort wasn’t sustainable. Crawford was never hurt, rattled or even very concerned. All through Porter’s frantic and largely ineffective efforts, Crawford was landing body shots that accelerated Porter’s decline into flatfooted, off balanced lunging.

I guess it’s understandable that Crawford felt he was doing what he wanted. He was, for the most part.

Comment

I think what Bud trying to say is he was in control, not getting flustered by anything Porter did. He kept his cool, didn't panic, saw pretty much everything coming. He knew Porter was burning a lot of fuel, getting frustrated, and was just a matter of time before he got to him. Crawford still looked pretty fresh at the end of the fight.

Comment

So you wanted to get hit flush multiple times,wobbled once or twice,and have your face cut open? Strange kink,but I'm not one shame.

Comment

Bud looked embarrassed midfight, Porter was charging forward and landing while Crawford was laughably missing while being wide open. I was shocked that Porter was getting the best of most of the exchanges. Kudos to Bud for finding a way but his power and grittiness absolutely bailed him out in that fight.

Comment

I can see what he's saying. He was never truly rattled and therefore never felt in danger of losing the fight. Not true to say it wasn't close at all, though, because it was close before the 10th.
                    greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X