Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford vs. Shawn Porter - Official Scorecards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford vs. Shawn Porter - Official Scorecards

Crawford, Porter Official Scorecards - Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas - For the WBO welterweight championship, Terence Crawford (38-0, 29 KOs) picked up a tenth round stoppage of two-time champion Shawn Porter (31-4-1, 17 KOs) in an action fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Close fight. All the same, after the 2 knockdowns, Porter wasn't going to win

Comment

I had it 5-4 Crawford heading into the 10th like two of the judges did. Typical Porter fight against the top guys of the division. Then boom! Crawford closed the show.

Fair cards.
      Dare7 Dare7 likes this.

Comment

Porter rugged as always but Crawford was timing him all long with something powerful and in that 10th round the punch he was looking for finally hits home.

Daddy had to come to porter rescue if not he would have been knocked out cold.

Comment

I had Porter up by one point heading into the 10th, but I felt that Crawford was taking control of the fight. Porter was tiring, and getting too anxious, lunging forward...very recklessly. I wish he knew how to get defensive-minded and use his jab more late in fights. This probably could have helped him get a breather, maybe win a round or two on points, and make it to the end of the fight. Porter's father stated that his son didn't train like he should've. Imagine if he did. Perhaps the fight could have played out differently.

I will say this: After I've dogged Crawford for not really deserving to be in boxings P4P ranking, I changed my mind after this fight. He fought a legitimately worthy opponent, and did a great job....and then he called Spence out after the fight. Spence, it's now on you!

I still believe Spence can beat Crawford, but after tonight, I'm giving Crawford the got balls award.

Comment

Up until the stoppage Crawford didn’t look overly special and certainly had his hands full.

but he got the stoppage in the end from a guy that hasn’t been stopped. Although it was an odd stoppage.

i felt Crawford could’ve let his hands go more often, and was tagged more often than I expected.

wasn’t a fan at how he’d spin Porter to the corner and just faint and do nothing only for Porter to successfully punch his way out.

Comment

Cards were terrible Porter was up 1 or 2 rounds going into the 10th. Porter came in here for a cash out fight and didn’t train properly just like his dad said. He basically gave up before the fight started with all his “Terence Crawford is the best” talk. Good fighter good career but Shawn will always be remembered for coming up short. Look at his physique in this fight compared to the spence fight. He dialed it in to put his good buddy over. Even gave TC a ******* over the mic after the fight. This wasn’t no hagler Hearns or sugar ray hearns. TC a dawg porter was a great win. But he needs ugas spence boots or ortiz to cement his place if he beats one or 2 of them he could be remembered
              Mexican_Puppet Mexican_Puppet likes this.

Comment

It’s interesting to me that folks will b!tch and moan about the Plant v Canelo cards, and call the Kovalev fixed—yet we just watched a fight where one guy didn’t train enough, is his opponents friend, and gets stopped and retires right after—while his buddy wins and leaves his promo company. And no one is making a big deal about it. No one is suspicious. I’m not suggesting a conspiracy but this has the context and makings of a conspiracy far more than usual fights. I was disappointed with every phase of this fight; the outcome and how the fighters conducted themselves post fight. I like Bud a lot but the jury is still out as far as I’m concerned.
                Mexican_Puppet Mexican_Puppet likes this.

Comment

Either way fight going into the 10th.

I had Porter up going into the 10th but the 10-7 round would have had Crawford ahead going into the 11th.

Comment

Fixed K.O.....

Comment

Working...
                    X