Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter Loves Canelo's Decision To Move Up To Cruiserweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter Loves Canelo's Decision To Move Up To Cruiserweight

LAS VEGAS - While some may not like Canelo Alvarez's move up to the cruiserweight division, former champion Shawn Porter is in favor of Alvarez's attempt to become the first Mexico born five-division champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I’m more disappointed in the timing of the fight more than anything. Canelo could give us the Charlo and Benavidez fights and still fight this dude in 18 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post
      I’m more disappointed in the timing of the fight more than anything. Canelo could give us the Charlo and Benavidez fights and still fight this dude in 18 months.
      Maybe he’s worried this guy will lose his belt by den doe

Comment

Even though I respect Canelo for trying taking on such a big dude, I don't think it's a done deal. I think it's an option, but we will see how it plays out. If he decides to go ahead with this, IMO it's a mistake on his part, let me explain. Regardless, win, lose, or draw against Makubu, unless Canelo plans to stay at Cruiserweight, or Campaign at 175, this will be a mistake, simply because to add muscle mass to your body, and then try to cut that mass if he decides to go back to 168, will take it's toll and will affect him and his conditioning, I believe it will weaken him if he decided to go back down and cut that muscle after he puts it on for this challenge. You simply can not have those weight fluctuations in boxing, no matter how good you are this will affect you, IDK if Canelo and Reynoso have taken this into account, but they should and might be ruining the future, for this shot. IDK maybe I'm wrong and he can handle it, but if he does it, I personally would not fight under 175 for future fights, I think 168 after this would be a mistake.

Comment

That’s why I ride with this dude. Always sensible.

Comment

I’m more disappointed that Charlo and Benevidez can’t fight each other to force the fight with Canelo but are just lurking around in the background trying to win the Canelo lottery
            omh omh likes this.

Comment

Maybe they’re inverted?

Comment

What if he fights that dude and still gives us either charlo or Benavides in 18 mths???

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                  Even though I respect Canelo for trying taking on such a big dude, I don't think it's a done deal. I think it's an option, but we will see how it plays out. If he decides to go ahead with this, IMO it's a mistake on his part, let me explain. Regardless, win, lose, or draw against Makubu, unless Canelo plans to stay at Cruiserweight, or Campaign at 175, this will be a mistake, simply because to add muscle mass to your body, and then try to cut that mass if he decides to go back to 168, will take it's toll and will affect him and his conditioning, I believe it will weaken him if he decided to go back down and cut that muscle after he puts it on for this challenge. You simply can not have those weight fluctuations in boxing, no matter how good you are this will affect you, IDK if Canelo and Reynoso have taken this into account, but they should and might be ruining the future, for this shot. IDK maybe I'm wrong and he can handle it, but if he does it, I personally would not fight under 175 for future fights, I think 168 after this would be a mistake.
                  Yea I see this danger too. He shouldn’t weigh above 185lbs. Keep it within your normal range of weight. If he shows up weighing 190lbs I would be very worried for his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing fan1981 View Post
                    That’s why I ride with this dude. Always sensible.
                    Porter is a great ambassador for the sport. He's a classy, level headed and very intelligent dude. I typically agree with his opinions but even when I don't I can understand how he came to his stance.

​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                    X