Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA Orders Michel Rivera-Jorge Linares Title Eliminator; Linares-Zaur Abdullaev Bout Already In Play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBA Orders Michel Rivera-Jorge Linares Title Eliminator; Linares-Zaur Abdullaev Bout Already In Play

Jorge Linares has his options for one final shot at a major title. The former three-division titlist was ordered by the World Boxing Association (WBA) to begin negotiations with Dominican Republic's Michel Rivera (22-0, 14KOs) for a lightweight title elimination bout. The two sides have until December 17 to come to terms to avoid a purse bid hearing, where the winning bid will be split 50/50 between Linares and Rivera as the two highest ranked available challengers.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-22-2022, 09:45 PM.

I’m guessing he’ll choose Abdullaev, if Jorge has anything left he’ll school him easily.

Comment

I'd love to see Linares pummel that Ali wannabe.

Comment

How does a Venezuela dude end up in Tokyo for boxing?

Comment

I thought the WBA was on the right path, but they f'd it up again! Winner of Tank vs. Cruz-Gonzalez should be ordered to fight Teofimo Lopez! RIvera vs. Linares should be mandatory for the one and only WBA LW Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            I'd love to see Linares pummel that Ali wannabe.
            The hate is real around here. You don't like him because of his thing with Ali? Come on, bruh!
            Rackz Rackz Bronx2245 Bronx2245 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post

The hate is real around here. You don't like him because of his thing with Ali? Come on, bruh!
              I don't like cheesy gimmicks AT ALL! Ali is special to me and transcended boxing and no one should put on such a cheesy act with the hair and boxing trunks like this.

Comment

"Theoretically, the next move would be to order the winners of Lopez-Kambosos and Davis-Cruz to meet in a title consolidation clash."

No reason for wba not to do this?
                Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

"How many lives does Linares have?", asked the cat.
                  P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post

I don't like cheesy gimmicks AT ALL! Ali is special to me and transcended boxing and no one should put on such a cheesy act with the hair and boxing trunks like this.
                    I mean I feel you on that but is that enough for you to wish him to get knocked out? I'm just saying. And I kind of agree with you and he should just build his own legacy on his own instead of trying to use such a huge name to get noticed. I mean those are just 'too big' shoes for anyone to try to fill.

Comment

Working...
                    X