Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: Shawn Porter Knows I Could Hold My Own, One Of Top Guys After Sparring Session

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: Shawn Porter Knows I Could Hold My Own, One Of Top Guys After Sparring Session

Gervonta Davis didn't hesitate when his assistant trainer, Barry Hunter, asked him recently to spar with Shawn Porter. The former IBF/WBC welterweight champion needed southpaw looks for his huge fight Saturday night against Terence Crawford, a right-handed opponent who often boxes from a left-handed stance. Getting that type of work made sense for Davis, too, because he is preparing for an aggressive, rugged, stout opponent in Isaac Cruz.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I could see this being a bigger advantage for Tank than Porter. Davis is a southpaw but stylistically nothing like Crawford. Porter is a bigger version of Pitbull Cruz though.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
      I could see this being a bigger advantage for Tank than Porter. Davis is a southpaw but stylistically nothing like Crawford. Porter is a bigger version of Pitbull Cruz though.
      Excellent point!

Comment

Shouldn't Porter being saying this himself? Instead Porky patting himself on the back. When he actually fights someone that isn't hand picked by Floyd to keep him safe it's gonna be on full display that he isn't very good. Another Broner situation will unfold.
        macmike100 macmike100 likes this.

Comment

Somewhat unrelated but I was trying to think if I remember ever seeing Tank buzzed or hurt in a fight. Ruiz and Cuellar could crack at lower weights but I don't recall either of them buzzing Tank at 130. Pedraza can punch pretty decent and don't recall him ever hurting Tank (it's been a while since I watched that tho). Didn't see the Barrios fight, he's a big dude with decent power.

Makes me wonder if Cruz can realistically hurt Tank with anything other than a head clash in their fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
            Shouldn't Porter being saying this himself? Instead Porky patting himself on the back. When he actually fights someone that isn't hand picked by Floyd to keep him safe it's gonna be on full display that he isn't very good. Another Broner situation will unfold.
            Broner didn’t lose until he went to 147. He didn’t lose because he sucks, he lost because he gained too much weight in between fights and didn’t bring his power up with him.

Its fine if you hate Floyd and the guys at PBC. At least be honest about why they lost.

If Tank was promoted and managed by other people you’d be fine with his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Broner didn’t lose until he went to 147. He didn’t lose because he sucks, he lost because he gained too much weight in between fights and didn’t bring his power up with him.

Its fine if you hate Floyd and the guys at PBC. At least be honest about why they lost.

Broner was a big LW who once he fought guys he didn't hold the advantages he once had was exposed. He also lost at 140 as well to Mikey Garcia. He is gun shy and should have had 2 more losses.

Actually as I have said several times huge fan of Floyd Mayweather, fantastic boxer and one hell of a self promoter. When it comes to promoting others not so much. I critique all promotional companies. GBP gets it, TR, Matchroom, it doesn't matter. PBC getting it now because this is no PPV fight.

Not at all, I lost respect for him because he is a shi**y person, who tweets about people he wanted no part of. Awesome of you to list your assumptions as facts. Just because actual facts hurt your feelings. It's like me saying because Porky is with PBC you have to run to his defense.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

The hate for Floyd is why people hate on Tank but it's also why Tank is being successful on PPV. He may not be doing MASSIVE numbers but he is obviously making profits or they wouldnt keep putting him on PPV platforms. Great assessment on Broner by the way. Had he been devoted to his craft his career may have been different.
                Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

Broner was a big LW who once he fought guys he didn't hold the advantages he once had was exposed. He also lost at 140 as well to Mikey Garcia. He is gun shy and should have had 2 more losses.

Actually as I have said several times huge fan of Floyd Mayweather, fantastic boxer and one hell of a self promoter. When it comes to promoting others not so much. I critique all promotional companies. GBP gets it, TR, Matchroom, it doesn't matter. PBC getting it now because this is no PPV fight.

Not at all, I lost respect for him because he is a shi**y person, who tweets about people he wanted no part of. Awesome of you to list your assumptions as facts. Just because actual facts hurt your feelings. It's like me saying because Porky is with PBC you have to run to his defense.
                  Ok so however we word it differently, the fact remains he lost for reasons other than lack of talent.

I think you and others need to accept the fact that “ ppv quality “ doesn’t determine if it goes to ppv anymore. Just if it sell. Tank has shown he will do about 300k, so his fights will be on ppv. I get that these aren’t the type of opponents that usually make a ppv event.

I responded to the post. You didn’t post any of that until now. You didn’t post facts, you gave an opinion. I responded to that opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

The hate for Floyd is why people hate on Tank but it's also why Tank is being successful on PPV. He may not be doing MASSIVE numbers but he is obviously making profits or they wouldnt keep putting him on PPV platforms. Great assessment on Broner by the way. Had he been devoted to his craft his career may have been different.
                    Good post. I agree. a lot of posters are mad that despite Ellerbee saying they were marketing Tank to non boxing fans and Floyd’s comments, Tank continues to do well financially.

Comment

Working...
                    X