Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Reece Cartwright Will Push For Immediate Rematch With Shakan Pitters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Reece Cartwright Will Push For Immediate Rematch With Shakan Pitters

Reece Cartwright is calling for an immediate rematch with Shakan Pitters after some controversy in their fight at the weekend (November 13). Leeds' Cartwright and Birmingham's Pitters met at Coventry's Skydome for the vacant World Boxing Council International Light Heavyweight Title in a fight that certainly lived up to expectations.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The referee does have the best view to determine if somebody is fit to continue and I understand it's a not an easy job. I'd also rather they get it too soon on occasions than too late.

However, in this instance it was hard to understand his decision. Cartwright made it up in time, looked ready to continue and as he points out wasn't even asked to take a step forward. I'd have been pissed off getting stopped like that too. It did have a feel of the referee obliging the promoter's home fighter over his opponent.

Comment

Working...
    X