Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Munguia: This Fight With Rosado Was One Of My Toughest, One That Everyone Enjoyed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Munguia: This Fight With Rosado Was One Of My Toughest, One That Everyone Enjoyed

Jaime Munguia has never met a slugfest he didn't like. No exception was made in the former WBO junior middleweight titlist's latest fight, a hard-fought unanimous decision win over Philadelphia's Gabriel Rosado (26-14-1, 15KOs) in their 12-round middleweight thriller. The November 13 DAZN headliner saw Tijuana's Munguia (38-0, 30KOs) prevail by scores of 119-109, 118-110 and 117-111 in front of a sold-out, rabid crowd at Honda Center in Anaheim, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It was a great fight, and Munguia performed well! However, in retrospect, he beat a 35 year old, who came down to 160 from 168! Now he's calling out a 40 year old GGG! No Bueno! Charlo or Andrade! Choose one! MAN UP!

Comment

I hadn't seen much improvement on Munguia until this weekends fight with Rosado. Nothing Rosado
      did surprised him and ate some good hard shots. Munguia was breathing hard by 5th round but dug
      deep and didn't fade as I expected. Was going back and forth between showtime and Dazn but I
      eventually stayed Dazn and replayed Showtime. Honestly that was a first. I normally prefer Showtime
      boxing.
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        It was a great fight, and Munguia performed well! However, in retrospect, he beat a 35 year old, who came down to 160 from 168! Now he's calling out a 40 year old GGG! No Bueno! Charlo or Andrade! Choose one! MAN UP!
        If he can beat GGG, brings more to the table to fight other champs and unify belts. It's the road Oscar perfected for
        himself and this plan may work for Munguia in the long run and more money. But your right any combination of fights
        would be great for us, the fan.

Comment

Munguia has some good options for title fights.

Golovkin, Andrade, and even Charlo if the WBC calls for that mando.
          Boxing-1013 Boxing-1013 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bornboxingfan View Post

If he can beat GGG, brings more to the table to fight other champs and unify belts. It's the road Oscar perfected for
            himself and this plan may work for Munguia in the long run and more money. But your right any combination of fights
            would be great for us, the fan.
            i don't want to see GGG! I want to see Munguia fight a Champ in his prime!

Comment

Enjoyable fight, both guys brought it. Definitely seen improvement in mungia, the work with Morales starting to show.

Comment

Who have they beaten? Charlo's run at MW has been lackluster and Andrade can't draw flies to s**t. The GGG fight offers more at the moment and that is just fact.

Comment

I think Go;lovkin KO's Munguia at this stage.

Comment

Or Dere - thats a great step up fight. But i think he'll lose

Comment

Working...
                    X