Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Benavidez: I Don't Know How I Got a Draw, I Beat Him Every Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Benavidez: I Don't Know How I Got a Draw, I Beat Him Every Round

At the Footprint Center in Phoenix, Jose Benavidez Jr. (27-1-1, 18 KOs) returned after a 37-month layoff to fight Emanuel Torres (17-3-1, 5 KOs) to a majority draw. In a fight that could have gone either way, the judges scored the contest 96-94 for Benavidez and 95-95 twice.
    [Click Here To Read More]

J. Benavidez Jr. needs to call it a day & retire. Dude looked lethargic & is fighting WAAAAAAAAY ot of his weight class.
    (Obvious He has PILLOW fists @160lbs) Dude came back to soon for THIS fight... I get the opportunity was there but realistically JOSE was not ready.

Cut the weight back down to 147lbs & try again, Anything above that tho & it's prob going to be the same as last Night.

Was the REAL talent of the Benavidez bros... Shame he got shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
      J. Benavidez Jr. needs to call it a day & retire. Dude looked lethargic & is fighting WAAAAAAAAY ot of his weight class.
      (Obvious He has PILLOW fists @160lbs) Dude came back to soon for THIS fight... I get the opportunity was there but realistically JOSE was not ready.

Cut the weight back down to 147lbs & try again, Anything above that tho & it's prob going to be the same as last Night.

I remember years ago he was seen as a major prodigy. Sparring pros at 15 or so.

Comment

Jose's technique makes Wilder look like Mayweather & Willie Pep. Hands at his waist, leading with his face, throwing wild flinging left hooks. Exciting and all, but not real sound stuff.

And a draw was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post

You actually got the first part right, this guy just needs too retire..he looked bad and his leg is shot literally

Comment

You just had to see who's face was red and who's wasn't. Jose's boxing skills were not there. Trying to be a slugger at that weight was not smart. The fight was hard to watch for a Benavidez fan. Jose seems to have forgotten any and all the skills that built his record up. He must trim down and re-learn some things. No yes men trainers. Long climb back.

Comment

He was lucky to get a draw and even luckier that Torres has so little power.

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post
                You just had to see who's face was red and who's wasn't. Jose's boxing skills were not there. Trying to be a slugger at that weight was not smart. The fight was hard to watch for a Benavidez fan. Jose seems to have forgotten any and all the skills that built his record up. He must trim down and re-learn some things. No yes men trainers. Long climb back.
                Exactly .
                It was difficult to watch as a fan... I wish I had the ability to fast forward LIVE TV watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing fan1981 View Post

I remember years ago he was seen as a major prodigy. Sparring pros at 15 or so.
                  Yeah he would spar Manny Pacquiao when he was a teen, great amateur as well. Still, I recall him getting a gift against Mauricio Herrera (underrated and had some unfair losses) so the kid wasn’t exactly the monster they were hyping him up to be.

Comment

Let me tell you how! Your balance is terrible you have no jab and poor boxing fundamentals. If you are smart you would just stop now and help your brother get to greatness because you don’t have it.

Comment

Working...
                    X