Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: David Benavidez, Kyrone Davis - Ready For Showdown in Phoenix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: David Benavidez, Kyrone Davis - Ready For Showdown in Phoenix

Benavidez, Davis Weights Photos Gallery - Unbeaten two-time world champion David "El Bandera Roja" Benavidez and super middleweight contender Kyrone Davis went face-to-face Friday at the official weigh-in before they meet in the main event this Saturday, November 13 live on SHOWTIME in a Premier Boxing Champions event from Footprint Center in Phoenix. (photos by Stephanie Trapp)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Weigh-in article doesn't mention David's weight.

Comment

I remember one boxing writer said 'always bet on the guy with less tattoos', so it is looking like a shut out for the favourites, Munguia & Benavidez.

Comment

I like Benavidez and always root for him. Not trying to be derogative but if you were to tell me he's an athlete and a knockout boxer, not knowing that beforehand, I'd be surprised.
        Most of the boxers are heavily muscled. Yet David knocks them out again and again. Well, the old saying, if bodies won fights, Mr America would be our belt holder. Just amazes me though how an ordinary looking guy can be so good. Kinda like that I think. Fury's another, but he's big and no weight restraints.

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post
          I like Benavidez and always root for him. Not trying to be derogative but if you were to tell me he's an athlete and a knockout boxer, not knowing that beforehand, I'd be surprised.
          Most of the boxers are heavily muscled. Yet David knocks them out again and again. Well, the old saying, if bodies won fights, Mr America would be our belt holder. Just amazes me though how an ordinary looking guy can be so good. Kinda like that I think. Fury's another, but he's big and no weight restraints.
          He used to be very fat. That skin won't just go away or shrink, that takes a surgeon.
          blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post
            He has natural power because of his speed and technique, but I agree its funny how he has skinny fat body yet is so strong. Can't wait until tomorrow

Comment

David fighting Charlos Bros stunt double

Comment

Breadman looking like a G back there.

Comment

Kyrone looks in fabulous shape and talks very confident. The challenge is Benavidez long reach and natural power at the end of those punches. Defense will tell the story for for both guys. Whoever can hit and not be hit (as much) probably will be in better shape for this one. If Kyrone lands power punches Benavidez will have troubles. Also, if Kyrone can't evade the "snap" at the end of those long punches (with the uppercut being dangerous also), he will be in trouble. He has a huge chin so he may not be easy to KO.

You have to wonder if Benavidez body can really take a pounding ...

Comment

Working...
                  X