Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Williams: Eubank Jr. Has Not Improved One Bit Under Roy Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Williams: Eubank Jr. Has Not Improved One Bit Under Roy Jones

Liam Williams has vowed to settle the long-running rivalry with Chris Eubank Jr. on Saturday, December 11 at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff. The card will be promoted by BOXXER and Wasserman Boxing - and televised live and exclusive on Sky Sports.
    [Click Here To Read More]

In my opinion, Williams is far superior in every department. If he's in shape like he was against Andrade, should be an easy win.
    LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Eubank jr by brutal KO

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
        Eubank jr by brutal KO
        " brutal KO " ?? what has Eubank ever done to make you think he's some brutal KO machine ? Both of these Brits are garbage . Same as all the Brits Canelo lines up.

Comment

Eubank jr is an A-side player in this boxing game. people need to respect him. He’s the face of British boxing

Comment

Eubank Jr is a man who cannot be coached. No one can improve him until he humbles himself to learn.

Comment

Won't know until he has the opponent in front of him to prove it. Last one ducked out on his stool. The way he bit down and swung for the fences against Groves every time he got caught says to me that there is a really entertaining fighter in there somewhere but I just don't think we'll see it. If he put his foot down a couple rounds earlier against Saunders he wins that fight and has a totally different career IMO.

Comment

Chris Eubank Junior will win this fight.

Liam Williams does not have the engine or punching power to deter Chris Eubank Junior 'But his resolve, and certain abilities will make this a exciting fight for as long as it lasts'.

There is just no way, a fighter who was bashed about by Liam Smith would beat Chris Eubank Junior.

Chris Eubank Junior has competed as high as 168 pounds, and his one great attribute has always been apparent 'His physical strength and durability'. When you combine those two attributes with his speed, determination and near continuous ability to throw combinations 'He is a tough night for most opponents, outside of super elite level'.

Even fighting against fighters bigger than himself, he was able to impose himself. Carl Froch a fighter who has sparred many rounds with Eubank Junior, has been one of the fighters who has commented on Eubank Juniors strengths. I believe he described Eubank Junior as horrible, in terms of persistence and aggressiveness.

Chris Eubank Junior was one of Carl Froch's main sparring partners in his training camp for George Groves II.

Carl Froch is a fighter I rate extremely highly, he is one of the strongest Middle Weights in history. Up there with Marvin Hagler, Chris Eubank Senior, Steve Collins I could list more. There is a brute strength which most middle weights lack these days, I have stated this many times before 'Alvarez a fighter who started at 147, main attribute now at the higher weights is his physical strength which is completely bizarre' Never before in history has a fighter came up from the lower weight divisions into the middle-weight divisions, and made his physical strength and punching power his main intimidating attribute.

During the 90's or early 2000's, that would not be the case. And fighters like Marvin Hagler who complete during the era of same day weigh ins, even under that kind of pressure has shown greater endurance and extreme durability beyond what Canelo Alvarez has displayed.

For me Chris Eubank Junior will just be too strong, too persistent and durable for Liam Williams. I don't think Eubank Junior will fight at a frantic pace, but in spurts he knows he can go through the gears 'And I can see this causing major chaos in the fight'.

Eubank Junior is no technical genius, he is kind of a reactive fighter. But his jab has improved, and he has learnt how to fight at a more measured pace 'Although exciting, I was never very fond of him just fighting continually at a frantic pace' It does seem like Roy Jones Junior, has made him fight more measured and economical.

Note: Chris Eubank Junior will win via stoppage between rounds 9-12.

gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                  Chris Eubank Junior will win this fight.

Liam Williams does not have the engine or punching power to deter Chris Eubank Junior 'But his resolve, and certain abilities will make this a exciting fight for as long as it lasts'.

There is just no way, a fighter who was bashed about by Liam Smith would beat Chris Eubank Junior.

Chris Eubank Junior has competed as high as 168 pounds, and his one great attribute has always been apparent 'His physical strength and durability'. When you combine those two attributes with his speed, determination and near continuous ability to throw combinations 'He is a tough night for most opponents, outside of super elite level'.

Even fighting against fighters bigger than himself, he was able to impose himself. Carl Froch a fighter who has sparred many rounds with Eubank Junior, has been one of the fighters who has commented on Eubank Juniors strengths. I believe he described Eubank Junior as horrible, in terms of persistence and aggressiveness.

Chris Eubank Junior was one of Carl Froch's main sparring partners in his training camp for George Groves II.

Carl Froch is a fighter I rate extremely highly, he is one of the strongest Middle Weights in history. Up there with Marvin Hagler, Chris Eubank Senior, Steve Collins I could list more. There is a brute strength which most middle weights lack these days, I have stated this many times before 'Alvarez a fighter who started at 147, main attribute now at the higher weights is his physical strength which is completely bizarre' Never before in history has a fighter came up from the lower weight divisions into the middle-weight divisions, and made his physical strength and punching power his main intimidating attribute.

During the 90's or early 2000's, that would not be the case. And fighters like Marvin Hagler who complete during the era of same day weigh ins, even under that kind of pressure has shown greater endurance and extreme durability beyond what Canelo Alvarez has displayed.

For me Chris Eubank Junior will just be too strong, too persistent and durable for Liam Williams. I don't think Eubank Junior will fight at a frantic pace, but in spurts he knows he can go through the gears 'And I can see this causing major chaos in the fight'.

Eubank Junior is no technical genius, he is kind of a reactive fighter. But his jab has improved, and he has learnt how to fight at a more measured pace 'Although exciting, I was never very fond of him just fighting continually at a frantic pace' It does seem like Roy Jones Junior, has made him fight more measured and economical.

Note: Chris Eubank Junior will win via stoppage between rounds 9-12.

I pick Eubank, simply because I think Williams squares up too much and it’ll allow Eubank to let his hands go a lot, that’s really where Eubank does his best work. If you can keep him on the end of a jab, he’s as good as useless, but that’s not the way Williams fights.

Willams can really punch though. Every win he’s had in the last 9 years is a stoppage. He’s definitely known as a puncher, but Eubank did inherit his dads chin. But you never know, if it’s a war, even the best chin’s can be cracked in the end with too many shots. Groves hurt Eubank a few times and dropped him with shots that were never given as knockdowns. But Groves was a big 168 fighter with really big one punch power, most of his opponents say he’s the biggest one punch power fighter they fought. Williams is an ex 154 fighter, so it’s a big difference.

I just think Eubank is the naturally bigger man and stylistically Willams does things that allows Eubank to work how he likes.

gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X