Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum On Mayer-Hamadouche Scoring: I Had It Nine Rounds To One, They Were All Close Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum On Mayer-Hamadouche Scoring: I Had It Nine Rounds To One, They Were All Close Rounds

Bob Arum didn't see the controversy that was met with the scoring in Mikaela Mayer's thrilling win over Maiva Hamadouche. The November 5 ESPN+ headliner saw Mayer prevail by unanimous decision to unify the WBO and IBF junior lightweight titles in a leading Fight of the Year candidate at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. The fight drew rave reviews, though dulled a bit once the lopsided scores were revealed and announced in Mayer's favor.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No way was 9-1 a good score, I had it 6-4 Mayer.
    Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

I Had it 7-3 Mayer but I could see anywhere from 9-1 to 6-4 Mayer . Like Bob said she was landing the cleaner harder punches basically every round and it's not like Hamadouche outlanded her to make up for it .

Comment

The right person won in a fun fight to watch. At the end of the day that's what matters.

Comment

I was at the Duran vs Leonard 1 fight . Being live at ringside it felt and seemed like Duran was winning , actually pounding Leonard nearly every round. It was one hell of a fight. When I got a chance to watch it at home , I felt the same way and in a weird way, it reminded me of this fight. A close close non stop , action filled fight , but Mayer " edging out nearly every round. I agree with Arum here. Although the other girl put up a tremendous fight, battled and landed , she was being outlanded. This fight here I had 8-2 Mayer. Duran Leonard 1 , I had 10-5 Duran. And that was being generous to Leonard. It was awfully hard not giving Duran every round but a few. One judge had 3 Duran, 2 Leonard and 10 even rounds. No joke. Look it up. Funny thing is, I can understand where he was coming from. But I'd swing them to Duran because he was aggressive and throwing punches. Anyhow, that was a great women's fight. Would love to see a rematch.

Comment

Working...
          X