Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis To Welterweight Champs: Fight Me Or Vacate The Belts & Get Out Of My Way!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis To Welterweight Champs: Fight Me Or Vacate The Belts & Get Out Of My Way!

LAS VEGAS - Jaron Ennis' systematic rise within the welterweight division has left the gifted Philadelphia native in a precarious position. A six-round demolition of Sergey Lipinets and a first-round destruction of Thomas Dulorme in back-to-back bouts have proven that the 24-year-old contender is ready for a 147-pound title shot. Those two impressive victories have established Ennis - a seemingly generational blend of athleticism, intelligence, power, skill and speed - as about as much of a high-risk, low-reward proposition as possible for welterweight champions campaigning to make as much money as they can during the back ends of their physical primes.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

That's a great line from Ennis. "Fight me, or vacate and get out of my way, cause I'm coming." Hopefully he keeps showing and proving his skills

Comment

Basically, "Get Down, or Lay Down!" MAN UP! IBF, do your job! Why is Kudratillo Abdukakhorov sitting at #1 for all this time, and his only fight since winning an eliminator (vs. Luis Colloazo FFS) in October 2019, was fighting Javier Flores in March!!!
      Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Ennis over everyone at 147lb. Crawford will avoid him - all those top former guys because "he hasnt earned it". Ennis is one bad dude. I use to think him and virgil were neck and neck but ennis is better by a few notches. Better defense and seems a lot more composed. Thats not to say Ortiz cant get better though because he has.

Comment

If there's one guy that could beat Spence, and even possibly Crawford, and dominate until middleweight, it's Ennis.

I'm not saying he's unbeatable or has no flaws, even the greatest boxers of all time lost, but he is unique.

Bad news for Ennis, no champion wants to defend their title against him. Good news, eventually he will get a title shot or win a vacant belt and more.

Whether it was a slick Mayweather that few thought they could beat, or a vicious prime Mike Tyson that many were afraid of, they would fight them, because those were huge stars where you'd be paid well to fight them.

So it was like the sweepstakes lottery, if you got a fight with Floyd, Tyson, De La Hoya, and kinda like with Canelo now.

Comment

Dare I say a fantasy matchup turned real one day, Canelo vs Ennis.
            Boxing Beast Boxing Beast likes this.

Comment

That is exactly what I want to hear, and AL Haymon smart he will make the fights. This kid will take over, if he cant get the titles right away id like to see him vs Vergil Ortix. Thats fight right there

Comment

"A patient Ennis understands that he’ll almost certainly have to occupy a number one position and to receive a mandated title shot."

Ok, so just make yourself mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Beast View Post
                  That is exactly what I want to hear, and AL Haymon smart he will make the fights. This kid will take over, if he cant get the titles right away id like to see him vs Vergil Ortix. Thats fight right there
                  Keith "No Fight" Thurman.
                  Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                    Dare I say a fantasy matchup turned real one day, Canelo vs Ennis.
                    Canelo a big kind of nightmare right now, I think Ennis needs to feed on some Spence, Crawford, Thurmans before adding cinnamon. But if he does it, Ill go to that event wherever it is

Comment

Working...
                    X