Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Canelo Would Sweep 175 Division. He Can Compete at Cruiserweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Canelo Would Sweep 175 Division. He Can Compete at Cruiserweight

Former unified middleweight and light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins believes Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez would go right through the light heavyweight division.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lets not get carried away now...

Comment

Light heavy is already pushing it Cruiserweight is just absurd how is Alvarez going to add ~ 40 pounds to his already short frame.

Comment

He won’t fight bivol or beterbiev anytime soon

Comment

It’s quite possible. Most LHW’s on the off season before camp are easily 200lbs+. But in camp they cut 15lbs and then the water cut/drain for the scale.

When Canelo fought Kovalev he was like 182lbs in the ring. He already looked full at 175, but Canelo needed to stay close to general gym weight. So Canelo cut, shaved 7lbs for Kovalev whereas the Krusher had to cut 15lbs+ as usual for the scale and ate rehydrated to 195lbs in the ring on fight night. Fans should be surprised how big meals and lots of water intake easily adds 10lbs from the morning weigh in into the ring. Their bodies are so calibrated and tamed for months not to gain weight that the day of the fight the body intake metabolism splurges and fighters are huge!!!!

So Canelo, as seen in the Golf pics even before camp, he looks to be 190lbs easily, in perfect shape. In camp he naturally cuts 15lbs to hit 175 and then drains the scale to make 168. JERMALL Charlo is huge. That guy easily walks 190lbs. Look at Bivol here. He looks huge compared to his fight night or week conferences because it’s the off season.

so if Canelo walks around 185-190lbs. It means he comes into the Cruiserweight division the lightest and fastest of them all since Cruisers are huge draining 20lbs to make 199lbs on the scale. This is why Canelo demolished Fielding and Smith with ease. It’s fighters cutting massive weight vs a guy who is already in tip top optimal shape on fight night. Canelo already been there too when he was doing 155.

Bivol is 200lbs+ here.

View this post on Instagram

To view, enable Social Media Cookies by clicking ââ?¬Å?Manage Cookiesââ?¬Â?

Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 11-10-2021, 05:22 AM.
          Cyborg Fangerloo Cyborg Fangerloo likes this.

Comment

Hopkins drinking that Canelo kool-aid bc of his recent achievements at SMW. Anybody that wants to see Canelo at LHW just wants to see him lose. He is too small for that division and has nothing to gain from fighting anybody at LHW. Kovalev was a one-off bc of his name and the belt and he had a ton of trouble getting to him just bc of his size alone. None of those other guys have anywhere close to the name value Kovalev had. He needs to get at Charlo or Benavidez.

Comment

Let the guy defend his belt @168 for a year or two. I don't understand this pressure of forcing him to be undisputed @175. Canelo is a first ballot HOF, I don't have a problem with him taking it slow at this stage of his career.
              Mike_b Mike_b likes this.

Comment

I'm not amongst those who overrate and say Canelo is the greatest ever or anything like that, but in today's era, I think he's the best.

After Mayweather left, he has built up his record and done a few good to great things. Now; I do think a young boxer like Ennis is more outrageously talented than Canelo, and I'm not sure how high level Crawford is, but Canelo has a few big wins in his career.

I think he beats Beterbiev and Bivol in exciting fights, as with Benavidez and Charlo. Now with Bivol, I'm concerned with his punch resistance, and his flaws seen against Richards.

With Beterbiev, he's so strong and powerful, but he gets hit and doesn't have the greatest chin, but he can match Canelo, or more so, for power and physicality. I'd say Alvarez is just too skillful for Artur. He beats Okolie and Breidis at cruiserweight too, just a different level.

He could probably beat some heavyweights, but not Tyson Fury, and Usyk would be difficult too.

Remember, he doesn't have a Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Duran, Roy Jones, Hopkins type opposition, but that's not Canelo's fault. He's still doing exceptionally well.
                Last edited by Liondw; 11-10-2021, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Canelo can pick a belt at cruiserweight.

Too bad for him Parker is not a WBO hw champ anymore. Parker is a little *****, i don`t think he has enough power to trouble Canelo.
                  Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 11-10-2021, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post
                    It’s quite possible. Most LHW’s on the off season before camp are easily 200lbs+. But in camp they cut 15lbs and then the water cut/drain for the scale.

When Canelo fought Kovalev he was like 182lbs in the ring. He already looked full at 175, but Canelo needed to stay close to general gym weight. So Canelo cut, shaved 7lbs for Kovalev whereas the Krusher had to cut 15lbs+ as usual for the scale and ate rehydrated to 195lbs in the ring on fight night. Fans should be surprised how big meals and lots of water intake easily adds 10lbs from the morning weigh in into the ring. Their bodies are so calibrated and tamed for months not to gain weight that the day of the fight the body intake metabolism splurges and fighters are huge!!!!

So Canelo, as seen in the Golf pics even before camp, he looks to be 190lbs easily, in perfect shape. In camp he naturally cuts 15lbs to hit 175 and then drains the scale to make 168. JERMALL Charlo is huge. That guy easily walks 190lbs. Look at Bivol here. He looks huge compared to his fight night or week conferences because it’s the off season.

so if Canelo walks around 185-190lbs. It means he comes into the Cruiserweight division the lightest and fastest of them all since Cruisers are huge draining 20lbs to make 199lbs on the scale. This is why Canelo demolished Fielding and Smith with ease. It’s fighters cutting massive weight vs a guy who is already in tip top optimal shape on fight night. Canelo already been there too when he was doing 155.

Bivol is 200lbs+ here.

View this post on Instagram

To view, enable Social Media Cookies by clicking ââ?¬Å?Manage Cookiesââ?¬Â?

good points. I think Bivol is the fight at 175. If clenelo knocks him off he has absolutely nothing else to prove and would be the greatest mexican fighter ever. my humble opinion

Comment

Working...
                    X