Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach Would Embrace Training Joshua For Usyk Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach Would Embrace Training Joshua For Usyk Rematch

Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach has expressed interest in training former two-time heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua for a potential Back in September, Joshua lost his IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO titles when he suffered the second defeat of his pro career. The Olympic gold medal winner was outboxed over twelve rounds by Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like it! Incorporate some American style boxing techniques into his repertoire.

Comment

IMO, Kronk style is what he needs to give him a legit shot. I still don't think he beats Usyk in this life.

I'm a huge Usyk fan and I think he played a game with Witherspoon and Chisora to lull AJ to sleep. He knew he was AJ's mandatory the moment he went up in weight and he played possum. Judging by the final round, Usyk was coasting most of the fight.
      Vita Vita likes this.

Comment

His wild card gym is filled with posers etc…

post PACMan era he’s still fringing trying to see reality…

when pac slept JMM4. His career kinda hit the skids

Comment

No one will help him unless he gets his mind right. He really needs to dump the persona he’s adopted in order to be the acceptable black man for the type of fans who got mad about his BLM statements. Throw that rubbish out the window and become a deliberate maniacal killer

Comment

Freddie could absolutely improve Joshua. Imagine if Joshua had even half of the skills and temperament of Riddick Bowe?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              No one will help him unless he gets his mind right. He really needs to dump the persona he’s adopted in order to be the acceptable black man for the type of fans who got mad about his BLM statements. Throw that rubbish out the window and become a deliberate maniacal killer
              What have his political beliefs got to do with how he is in the ring?

Look at you! A right troll on these boards, ingratiating yourself with black american street culture - you're a fake ! - calling people incels and worse - all of that has fook all to do with boxing - so go crawl back under your troll bridge and leave the rest of us to focus on boxing and NOT race!

We all bleed, we all have hearts, we all suffer (some more than others) and most of us are compassionate towards ALL other people - you are the epitomy of divisiveness and a negative influence in today's world.
              Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post
                IMO, Kronk style is what he needs to give him a legit shot. I still don't think he beats Usyk in this life.

I'm a huge Usyk fan and I think he played a game with Witherspoon and Chisora to lull AJ to sleep. He knew he was AJ's mandatory the moment he went up in weight and he played possum. Judging by the final round, Usyk was coasting most of the fight.
                I think he really thought he could keep Usyk at the end of his jab - probably his trainer believed that too - which is possibly why he is looking at other trainers be it advice or a proper role. Now he knows that can't work. He knows he has to impose his physicality but the problem is how to do it without being counter-punched to a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  I think he really thought he could keep Usyk at the end of his jab - probably his trainer believed that too - which is possibly why he is looking at other trainers be it advice or a proper role. Now he knows that can't work. He knows he has to impose his physicality but the problem is how to do it without being counter-punched to a loss.

a accurate/authoritative jab, for a foundation... made much more effective with feints, the double-jab, and that little stutter-step backwards that Kovalev used to defuse Hopkins

SteveM SteveM likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

His inability to take a shot well is going to remain his downfall for the remainder of his career, i thought going into the Usyk fight that a c.w shouldnt be able to rock him but he did, that issue alone is foreva going to make him gunshy in going all out.

Comment

Working...
                    X