Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Showtime, PBC, Al Haymon Treated Me So Well; We'll See What Comes Next Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo: Showtime, PBC, Al Haymon Treated Me So Well; We'll See What Comes Next Year

LAS VEGAS - Boxing's most sought-after free agent didn't divulge much information regarding his next move late Saturday night. Canelo Alvarez has plenty of options, but the only commitment he made in the immediate aftermath of his 11th-round knockout of Caleb Plant was that he probably won't return to the ring until May. The Mexican icon has fought four times in less than 11 months and after fully unifying boxing's super middleweight titles he feels as though he needs a longer break before he returns to the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Huh? Haymon treated Canelo well?

All I read on NSB is how Haymon only uses Mexican boxers to boost the profiles of his black boxers.

Let some guys tell it, Haymon is trying to make Wilder/Canelo next.

I think PBC has the opponents people want to see him fight more so than Bivol right now. If Marcus Browne somehow pulls the upset over Bieterbiev that would be an additional opponent that would make for an interesting fight.

But GGG3 is probably the most lucrative right now so I completely understand if Canelo makes that fight.

Comment

Canelo haters be like: Now, Canelo needs to stop ducking Wilder, Usyk and Fury.

Comment

PBC has nobody for Canelo to fight that will enhance his legacy. Maybe Benavidez, if he had a belt.

GGG for the big money fight. Bivol and Beterbiev for the legacy fights.
        TBETroll TBETroll likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post
          PBC has nobody for Canelo to fight that will enhance his legacy. Maybe Benavidez, if he had a belt.

Usyk needs to stop ducking and fight Beterbiev and Bivol.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Huh? Haymon treated Canelo well?

All I read on NSB is how Haymon only uses Mexican boxers to boost the profiles of his black boxers.

Let some guys tell it, Haymon is trying to make Wilder/Canelo next.

I think PBC has the opponents people want to see him fight more so than Bivol right now. If Marcus Browne somehow pulls the upset over Bieterbiev that would be an additional opponent that would make for an interesting fight.

But GGG3 is probably the most lucrative right now so I completely understand if Canelo makes that fight.
            But why? When was the last time we saw GGG look like the guy who beat David Lemieux? I think the choice should be Charlo or Benavidez, and GGG should fight which ever Canelo does not! If he wins that, then the trilogy!

Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Man this is really going to set off the bigots….. watch this space….

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                But why? When was the last time we saw GGG look like the guy who beat David Lemieux? I think the choice should be Charlo or Benavidez, and GGG should fight which ever Canelo does not! If he wins that, then the trilogy!
                Name recognition and the fact many believe he beat Canelo in the first fight and some feel he won the 2nd one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

That version of clenelo that got touched and frustrated by Plant saturday night gets knocked out by Charlo

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Big fights are made for their appeal to CASUALS and the last time Canelo looked human was against GGG in both fights. The controversy alone, in addition to their genuine animosity, should make for a good 3rd chapter.

Remember JMM was even older when he sparked Manny. JMM himself said they trained NOT to go the distance and thats what finally worked out and probably what GGG would need to do as well

Comment

Working...
                    X