Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Paro Discusses Time in Camp With Shakur Stevenson, Hunting For a World Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Paro Discusses Time in Camp With Shakur Stevenson, Hunting For a World Title

World ranked Australian Liam Paro had the opportunity to spend close to a month in camp with a fighter that many consider a future pound for pound mainstay of the sport of boxing, Shakur Stevenson.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wow fun to see an article about Liam. He was in the Horn camp for Manny and is still young as. 25 age and 21-0. Saw him live a few times around QLD. Mostly in conference center/club/pub type stuff with no more than 100-200 people. Would love to see him with a step up fight. He's been quite dominant facing guys in and around his boxrec ranking. He's also a southpaw check his latest fight here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXbypBMo8FI

Lots of work to get to josh taylor but you never know
    Last edited by jkrames; 11-08-2021, 06:50 AM.

Comment

IBF #5 Prograis vs. IBF #3 Paro! Richard Schaefer, Make It Happen!
      Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        IBF #5 Prograis vs. IBF #3 Paro! Richard Schaefer, Make It Happen!
        man crazy... looking at those IBF ranking I have to say he is still 1 level below Robert Easter Jr. and. even more below prograis... no chance... He needs more fights. But **** his main income is sparring partner so why not....
        Last edited by jkrames; 11-08-2021, 08:26 AM.
        Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jkrames View Post

man crazy... looking at those IBF ranking I have to say he is still 1 level below Robert Easter Jr. and. even more below prograis... no chance... He needs more fights. But **** his main income is sparring partner so why not....
          Prograis needs a dance partner, so I think that's a good fight for Prograis! I don't know much about Paro, but he's #3, and I expect IBF #1 Ponce to face IBF #2 Matias, so why not?

Regis Prograis Signs Promotional Agreement With Probellum

“Since I started boxing I’ve always wanted to become a world champion and fight all over the world," said Prograis. I decided to sign with Probellum because they are holding shows worldwide, and I can achieve my dream of fighting all over the globe. It is is something I’ve always wanted to do, and I’m looking forward to this next chapter in my boxing career alongside Probellum."

https://www.boxingscene.com/regis-pr...bellum--161018

Maybe make the fight in Australia???
          Last edited by Bronx2245; 11-08-2021, 09:06 AM.

Comment

This is not an unlikeable kid, however I find some of what he says as nonsense at times, and I don't feel he's as good as team Paro do. He's spoke in the past of beating world class opposition, and yet when I look at his record, I'm damned if I can find them. In this article he talks of being in a big fights as he needs to push for a title shot, and yet he's being matched agsinst domestic opposition of late, as he awaits a vacant belt. He's had plenty of opportunity to go after more significant fights to chase a title, but they've played the safe option. He would have been offered an IBF eliminator, but chose not too as they are waiting for a vacant WBO shot. However I think they now realise that Bob Arum and Paco, will keep him just out of reach and a vacant belt will be fought for by 2 Top Rank fighters. I'm half expecting this kid to sign a co-promotional deal with them. So he probably now needs to get in a real proper fight to improve his credentials. I'm not gonna hold my breath though as his handlers seem to be the Frank Warren of Australian boxing. They're doing exactly the same poor matchmaking with heavyweight, Dempsey McKean. Paro is not on the same level as the top 10 and I'm not sure he will be. Still, best of luck to him. Just keep it real.

Comment

I like the kid, but he's not even fought for the Commonwealth title yet, so need to start walking before running!

Comment

Working...
              X