Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Warns: Beterbiev Would Be a Very Strong Threat To Canelo's Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Warns: Beterbiev Would Be a Very Strong Threat To Canelo's Legacy

World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman likes the idea of Saul "Canelo" Alvarez moving up in weight to challenge WBC, IBF light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I believe Beterbiev would back Canelo up, kinda how GGG did in the first fight. I believe Beterbeast is granite chinned and more experienced than Plant. Plant is a great talent but except Uzi he had been only fighting friday night level fighters like the Mike Lees of the World. Arthur been fighting a bunch or ranked dude like Brown next or former champs.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      I believe Beterbiev would back Canelo up, kinda how GGG did in the first fight. I believe Beterbeast is granite chinned and more experienced than Plant. Plant is a great talent but except Uzi he had been only fighting friday night level fighters like the Mike Lees of the World. Arthur been fighting a bunch or ranked dude like Brown next or former champs.
      “GRANIT CHIN” ????

Where you get that from? Betterbieve has been knocked down several times by much lesser fighters. He’s chinny and slow and a bit robotic all that equal breakfast for Canelo.

Betterbive opponents Oleksandr even said he think Canelo is too well rounded for one dimensional Betterbieve.

Bivol is the biggest threat at 175

Beterbieve getting knocked down by bums

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kkbIN1D3qcs
      Last edited by TreyShaw; 11-08-2021, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Beterbiev's chin is good. He was never badly hurt when knockdown and recovered fast. Beterbiev getting knocked down doesn't automatically mean bad chin. He is a physically tough man.
        blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance98 View Post
          Beterbiev's chin is good. He was never badly hurt when knockdown and recovered fast. Beterbiev getting knocked down doesn't automatically mean bad chin. He is a physically tough man.
          Please look at the first KD in the HL video Arthur was hurt badly he stumbled to the ropes it’s as clear as day. Sorry but the guy is chinny it’s not like some elite champ dropped him these are straight bums dropping him.
          dan_cov dan_cov likes this.

Comment

Slickness (BHS) was supposed to be the one
            Tall Order (Plant) was supposed to be the one
            Kov's power wasn't enough, let's give this Boogeyman a shot
            OldTerry OldTerry TreyShaw TreyShaw like this.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyShaw View Post

Please look at the first KD in the HL video Arthur was hurt badly he stumbled to the ropes it’s as clear as day. Sorry but the guy is chinny it’s not like some elite champ dropped him these are straight bums dropping him.
              Beterbiev was still in the fight, recovered fast, and what happened after that? Those 2 guys got KO'ed by beterbiev. I wouldn't call Callum Johnson a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance98 View Post

Beterbiev was still in the fight, recovered fast, and what happened after that? Those 2 guys got KO'ed by beterbiev. I wouldn't call Callum Johnson a bum.
                You said he was never “badly” hurt. He was badly hurt that’s a fact no one debated he came back to stop those two bums. We’re debating if he’s chinny which he is. He was badly hurt and it clearly showed.

I have no problem with canelo facing him but I know what the narrative will be after Canelo flattens him. “Oh Betterbieve was never that good” from the same people saying he’ll beat canelo right now.

Comment

Bivol would be my choice. But any of these fights would be great.
                  AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Let's get real here. Yes, Canelo is already an all-time great and one of Mexico's best ever and he loves challenges, but he does have physical limitations. He has a big heart and great chin, but he is at best 5'8" tall with an ordinary reach for a man of that stature. He fights in beast mode but does not have "one-hitter quitter" power. He beats his opponents into submission over several rounds. Beterbiev is an undefeated beast writ in large with all wins via knockout. He is a BIG light-heavyweight who fought at heavyweight in the Olympics.

I don't hear the same chorus of haters insisting that the 6 ft Charlo or the 6'2' Benevidez, or any other of these weight bullies move up in weight. Let' keep things in perspective and give Canelo his due. Let's not insist that he perform at superhero levels and at the same time remain gloss over the fact that many of these other "champions" continue to fight bums. Even if Canelo beats Beterbiev, haters will continue to denigrate him and not accept his extraordinary accomplishments. That is a sad commentary on our times.

Comment

Working...
                    X