Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant: I Showed I Belong on Top Level - I'll Be Champion Again!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant: I Showed I Belong on Top Level - I'll Be Champion Again!

Caleb Plant (21-1, 12 KOs) tasted the first defeat of his pro career on Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. In a full division unification, with the IBF, WBO, WBA, WBC super middleweight world titles at stake, Plant suffered a knockout loss at the hands of Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (57-1-2, 39 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

So much for that tall order technique

Comment

"I’ve bent most the world to my will and done it with nothing but passion and skill. I’ll be back. I showed I belong on the top level and I’ll be champion of the world again. I’ve never been scared to go big or go out on my shield. Thank you to all the fans and all my supporters," Plant stated.

What world is he talking about ? The real world didn't give him a chance at winning. Not even a punchers chance

Nelo ''Demasiado Corto'' Alvarez certainly bent Plant.

Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

”I Go By A Believable Loss!”

Comment

Well, you did better than Billy Hoe, I guess. How high is the bar at the 'top level' at 168 really? I mean that English-Bum Zach Parker, is due a shot at Culero Alvarez. I mean John Ryder and David Lemuiex, Anthony Dirrell, Fedor Chudinov are lurking for a world-title shot ; if they fight each other does it mean anything? David Benavidez sucks too.

With these types of bums at 168, Caleb Plant might actually become x2 champion.

Comment

I thought he fought to survive not to win, he had very little offense.

Comment

What Plant proved to me was exact what I thought. And that is he posed absolutely no threat to Canelo . We knew that before the fight and even moreso after the fight. His punching power is exactly what I knew going into the fight, which is pathetic. Caleb Plant was just another paper alphabet champion in an era where nobody knows who's what and who's where in every division. Caleb Plant is a poster boy for what is wrong about boxing.

Comment

He did last until the eleventh round, longer than Saunders. There's no shame in losing to Canelo, who at the moment is the best, or one of the best, pound for pound.

I think Plant can still improve his defence, and sit down on some of the punches a bit more. With Canelo lately, since after the Lara fight, you have to have some power that will make him think twice about just confidently going forward. Golovkin has that and that's why he troubled Canelo.
                greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Starting to survive from the first bell is not belonging at the top level smh
                  TinAgeOfBoxing TinAgeOfBoxing likes this.

Comment

I expected a different type of statement from him. This sounds too humble. Canelo was totally exhausted after the fight, you could see he was tested to his max, he said "his body needs to recover." Plant is great, easily a potential HOF if things go right. He proved incredible toughness and skill.

Comment

Working...
                    X