Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: My Body Needs Rest; I Need To Recover; Probably Gonna Be May When I Come Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo: My Body Needs Rest; I Need To Recover; Probably Gonna Be May When I Come Back

LAS VEGAS - Canelo Alvarez completed his busiest run Saturday night since he attained star status in the boxing business nearly a decade ago.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He should target his retirement year or number of fights. Dont stick around the sport too long like too many of the greats do. I don't see him taking losses before he finally decides to hang up the gloves. There is something about him that tells me he will call it a day when he realizes it is time and not keep fighting too long. He should also cap off how high he will climb and not try to go up to Cruiserweights. 175 should be the cap.

Comment

It was good to see a lead up, a promotion, and an all around reintroducing of Canelo to the broader American sports fandom. Hope he continues his relationship with Showtime, PBC, Espinosa, and Haymon.

Comment

There’s no doubt Canelo is the baddest man in boxing and he is willing to take on anyone. I would like to see him fight in different venues around the world to showcase his skills! Mexico, UK, Japan, Australia, etc. at this point dude can take mandatories for the next year.
        Hype job Hype job Cecin Cecin like this.

Comment

Hell of a run these last 12 months. 4 fights, unifying a division, all wins by wide UD or stoppage.
          He’s got options now that he can work with DAZN or Haymon or anyone else.
          Breaking away from Golden Boy was the best decision of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
            Hell of a run these last 12 months. 4 fights, unifying a division, all wins by wide UD or stoppage.
            The biggest joke of a run of all time. Canelo is a fraud. You call Callum Smith , Avni Yildirim , BJ Saunders and Plant a " hell of a run " . I call it the biggest b.s. story in the history of boxing.

Comment

This was a solid win for Canelo. Unlike everyone he’s faced at 168 so far, Plant actually came to give it all he had and gave Canelo a stylistic approach he’s not comfortable with and hasn’t seen for a while, yet he still came through when it mattered. It’s still F**k you though to his delusional goofy ass fan boys who think that a Canelo win somehow equates to a personal accomplishment of their own.

Comment

Originally posted by breeto80 View Post

The biggest joke of a run of all time. Canelo is a fraud. You call Callum Smith , Avni Yildirim , BJ Saunders and Plant a " hell of a run " . I call it the biggest b.s. story in the history of boxing.
                Keep crying you hating a22 lil B!c*ch

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                  Perhaps for his finances but let’s not forget that DLH was promoting him when he had the biggest and most competitive fights of his career.

Comment

lets hope he ups the opposition because the last few havent offered anything at all. i just want to see him fight someone who has something about them, a gameplan and desire to win. fed up with him picking opponents who are just happy to be involved in the event and nowhere near elite level. plant had no real belief he could win and you could see he was beaten before he even stepped in the ring. hell, you could see from the press conference that he was out of his depth. elite fighters should be fighting elite fighters, not likes of yildirim, rocky fielding.

Comment

Working...
                    X