Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant: I Feel Like We're In A Good Spot With VADA Testing For The Canelo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Plant: I Feel Like We're In A Good Spot With VADA Testing For The Canelo Fight

LAS VEGAS - Testing for performance-enhancing drugs was one of the primary reasons Caleb Plant didn't fight Canelo Alvarez on September 18. As negotiations dragged on for their super middleweight title unification fight, Plant and Alvarez ran out of time over the summer to undergo two full months of testing administered by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association. That was a non-starter for Plant, who was adamant about Alvarez adhering to VADA's testing standards for at least two full months.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wonder if we will ever see the day where all substances are legal to use but it has to be thoroughly documented. That way everything can be out in the open and everyone can operate on a playing field where they know what others are on, with or without use of PEDs. I'm sure people would be more transparent in that case but I could be wrong.

Comment

I like the way the clown who wrote this says Alvarez NEVER TESTED POSITIVE after those two times….whether the VADA played by the book is another story but at least they had it….I may even place a small wager on Plant

Comment

If dirty was legal, at what point would there be any limit on it? There would be a point where you're so full of drugs your heart gives out. No, VADA testing is what we should stick with in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by muffinbutton View Post
          I wonder if we will ever see the day where all substances are legal to use but it has to be thoroughly documented. That way everything can be out in the open and everyone can operate on a playing field where they know what others are on, with or without use of PEDs. I'm sure people would be more transparent in that case but I could be wrong.
          Oct 2021 with this Post?
          You must be also new to following boxing
          Everyone on PEDS?
          Man..
          You definitely wanna watch someone die in the boxing ring
          Smh

Comment

Nothing wrong with insisting on stringent testing. ALL boxing matches should follow such a mandate.…..The forerunner in all this, Mayweather didn’t want to go up against that non-stop punching version of Pacquiao without finding out if that crazed out energy was legit.

To this day we don’t know if Pacs energy was PEDified or not…… Canelo very much didn’t like the PED talk coming from Plant and that’s why he’s so pissed off, so Canelo’s got a lot to prove against this rambunctious acting kid who naturally weighs just as much and who’s just as motivated.

Comment

When Caleb was asked years back about Canelo vs GGG 2 cancellation drama he didn’t say anything or have the same energy as he did when taking on this fight. In fact Plant didn’t even say anything when Canelo beat Kovalev. Plant always felt Canelo did great against GGG.

but all of sudden he went hard on Canelo as a “cheater” during press conferences? This switcharoo could only suggest that Al Haymon encouraged Plant to say these things since PBC / TMT like to troll Canelo and guys against their in-house business. Plant playing along means his downfall in a couple hours.

Comment

The problem with testing in boxing is that boxing doesn’t care. How you allow Valdez to fail multiple tests and fight is beyond me.

Even VADA is on the hook because they announce the testing start dates. That allows fighters to cycle off.

In the case of Saul Alvarez, someone tipped Team Golovkin that Alvarez was juicing. They went to VADA to tell them to pop up and test Alvarez early.

They went down there and popped him before he could fully cycle off.

Was Alvarez fined? Did he get a long enough suspension? The answers are NO and NO!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchip View Post
                  The problem with testing in boxing is that boxing doesn’t care. How you allow Valdez to fail multiple tests and fight is beyond me.

Even VADA is on the hook because they announce the testing start dates. That allows fighters to cycle off.

In the case of Saul Alvarez, someone tipped Team Golovkin that Alvarez was juicing. They went to VADA to tell them to pop up and test Alvarez early.

Was Alvarez fined? Did he get a long enough suspension? The answers are NO and NO!
                  Great post, thanks.

You got it in your first sentence; boxing doesn't care.

It's all about $$$.

VADA isn't perfect but it's the best there is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchip View Post

Breadman and his alts…lol

Clenbuterol then gets amended in 2019 to allow 8x higher than Canelo’s amount. Lol yeah that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X