Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Could Canelo's Dominance Eventually Lead To Higher Weight Risks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Could Canelo's Dominance Eventually Lead To Higher Weight Risks?

The task of trying to figure out how to make the 2021 version of Saul Alvarez look human falls to Caleb Plant this weekend. While it's a challenge Plant is clearly relishing, it is not an easy one - far from it. Alvarez is not just a pound-for-pound fighter but for many he is the best in the world today and a generational talent.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo should first beat Beterbiev and Bivol and then we can talk about moving up to Cruiserweight. But for now 175 is his limit.

Comment

No. He's not moving into a weight class that has genuine world class fighters. Super middle is a feasting ground full of fighters who are maybe best from their respective countries but not necessarily on the next tier of boxers.

Comment

Who has Canelo been dominant against? I had him losing both fights to G.

Comment

Canelo could clean out every division but his naysayers would still have something to gripe about. Most of you folks need to find a different sport to follow as boxing clearly gets you too emotionally invested.
          mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Higher weight risks? He started as a welterweight and has a title at 175. Been there done that.
            mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by waymeather View Post
              Who has Canelo been dominant against? I had him losing both fights to G.
              Def the first and the 2nd either or yet a tie n perfect world. Canelo 175 is limit. People forgetting usyk only went to hw, needed a test and belt, if canelo thinks about cruiser usyk is coming back for a 30m payday n easy win if can make weight properly. Canelos limit 175. Bivol a toss up and beterbiev would outright win.

Comment

To be honest, i think Canelo can pick a title at cruiserweight. Cruiserweights suck. Nobody is good there since Gassiev and Usyk moved up.
                Nomadic Nomadic likes this.

Comment

...but he will never be an 8-division world champion.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                    To be honest, i think Canelo can pick a title at cruiserweight. Cruiserweights suck. Nobody is good there since Gassiev and Usyk moved up.
                    Its up for debate considering Kovalev came into the ring at easily around 200(late night fight)but Cws probably come in at like 220(I think its rediculous to even contemplate Canelo going that high just to appease ppl who won't give him credit even if he does.)
                    Last edited by kushking; 11-06-2021, 08:13 AM.
                    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X