Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders: Canelo is Not Invincible, Plant Has All The Tools To Cause Him Problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Saunders: Canelo is Not Invincible, Plant Has All The Tools To Cause Him Problems

Former two division world champion Billy Joe Saunders is not ruling out the possibility of an upset win by Caleb Plant, who faces Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez this weekend.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo wins by a late stoppage to body

Comment

No one has to be ''invincible'', just better than his opponent

Comment

Interesting take coming from a former Canelo foe.

ive seen quite a few top level boxers giving Plant a good shot at winning or at least making it close. Every fat nerd here claims that Canelo wins in the early rounds. I’m almost certain that Plant at the least sees the final bell.
        Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

ive seen quite a few top level boxers giving Plant a good shot at winning or at least making it close. Every fat nerd here claims that Canelo wins in the early rounds. I’m almost certain that Plant at the least sees the final bell.
          Why do we have to be fat nerds

Plant hasn't done shlt other than be born taller than Nelo.
          TBF, going strictly by accomplishments, it would be insulting to give Plant too much credit.

Nelo is the favorite because he has actually beaten live bodies
          Plant is the under dog for the opposite reason.

Comment

Canelo is outstanding, but a bit overrated. Plant will be fine for the first half of the fight.

He just has to be sharper in the second half to get to the line, because he won't ko Canelo, who has an almost granite chin.

If Plant pulls off the upset, people might be shocked that it might not be a difficult fight for him. But to do that, he'd have to make a seemingly difficult fight easy, as Pernell Whitaker did a number of times.
            billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Plant has a strong core, it’s evident in photos - similar to GGG. He will also box at distance so I doubt Canelo will stop him to the body.

Unfortunately BJS is right about the judges - he won’t do better than Mayweather and we saw the scorecards that day.

Comment

Even Canelo and Reynoso think Canelo will have a difficult time in the early rounds. Most boxing pundits, trainers, fighters, and others who know the game think that Canelo will come on strong in the second half of the fight. Caleb Plant is a live dog. Let's see what happens.
                Motofan Motofan billeau2 billeau2 like this.

Comment

i'm not fat and i can't see him reaching the final bell. He doesnt have the pop to keep Canelo honest and he doesnt have the stamina to survive. This is a very easy fight to call. Canelo will just walk him down hitting hitting everywhere from body to head. It sounds so basic but just watch Plant is going to use up so much nervous energy trying to stay on the outside

Comment

Saunders knows damn well that boy plant is getting knocked out just like he did. He emphasized finishing the fight because he knows they box gas out and lose focus on the later rounds which is exactly why canelo thinks he can finish plant in 7-9 rounds. His team and him predicted 8th round against Saunders and was correct.

Comment

Working...
                    X