Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayer: Winning This Fight And Performing Well Will Solidify Me As Top Player In This Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayer: Winning This Fight And Performing Well Will Solidify Me As Top Player In This Division

Mikaela Mayer was the last among the four reigning junior lightweights to collect her title, though the most vocal in pushing for unification bouts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Only way Woman's boxing becomes more profitable is if they move rounds from 2 mins to 3 mins , 10 round championship fights to 8 and 8oz-10oz gloves to 6oz-8oz gloves all that would produce better T.V friendly fights. Currently girls never get hurt or KO'd at the top level , in MMA they do despite inferior striking and it's because of their smaller gloves . Eventually with more money coming in more talented girls will be lured to boxing , talent pool will grow and we will see even better fights .

Comment

First Hamadouche, then Choi, then finish it off with Terri Harper's 2 belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
        Only way Woman's boxing becomes more profitable is if they move rounds from 2 mins to 3 mins , 10 round championship fights to 8 and 8oz-10oz gloves to 6oz-8oz gloves all that would produce better T.V friendly fights. Currently girls never get hurt or KO'd at the top level , in MMA they do despite inferior striking and it's because of their smaller gloves . Eventually with more money coming in more talented girls will be lured to boxing , talent pool will grow and we will see even better fights .
        I've recently been thinking smaller gloves for the women is a great idea and I also think 3 minute rounds would produce more tv friendly action. I could see the appeal to womens boxing if there was more likely to see a knockout. Right now its usually a rock em sock em event with no damage done.
        Ricardi Ricardi likes this.

Comment

Working...
        X