Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith: I Don't Think Plant Has The Power To Get Canelo's Respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Callum Smith: I Don't Think Plant Has The Power To Get Canelo's Respect

Callum Smith has predicted a victory for former opponent Canelo Alvarez, when he faces undefeated Caleb Plant on Saturday. Canelo and Plant battle for the undisputed super middleweight crown, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Showtime Pay-Per-View will carry the event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Plant probably does have a decent pop to keep canelo from walking in, but it’s not enough to actually fend him off like all his past opponents that get scared to exchange. Plants biggest mistake will have been defending that belt 4 times against -C opposition

Comment

I'm fairly confident that Plant will give a better account of himself than Smith did.

Comment

Floyd, Lara, Cotto and Jacobs all has less power than Smith and each did significantly better vs Canelo than Smith did. Smith was a limited skilled punching bag who was content to just survive after the 3rd round.

Comment

You don't need big power to win a fight, that's not how it works. Floyd didn't have crazy power but just boxed Canelo's ears off.

Has Canelo improved? Definitely, but I would never say Canelo could beat an ultra slick boxer. Plant can win, only if he shows he can be great in making him miss and pay.

Otherwise it's a Canelo win on points I'd say. I don't see any stoppage happening. Plant is not Yildirim or Saunders, he's much better.
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

You dont need power to get a other fighters respect. Pac had 1 KO in the last 9 yrs despite half of them are bums.
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

At this point I just want Caleb to win because of all the people saying he has no chance. I have never seen this many people come out against a Canelo opponent…certainly not recently. I can recall no recent opponent, certainly post HBO, who so
              many people have come out so strongly against.

Comment

No way Plant has the power to be able to check Canelo's chin or body. This fight is Taylor Made for Canelo, fight ends early with Plant on the ropes from Canelo's unrelenting pressure....
                Boxviewer Boxviewer Motofan Motofan like this.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
                  You dont need power to get a other fighters respect. Pac had 1 KO in the last 9 yrs despite half of them are bums.
                  Pac has ok power, look at that Hatton KO and the Cotto fight. He just lost his killer instinct with finishing fighters near the end of his career. He was still scoring knockdowns again champs like Thurman but never finished them off. After Algieri you could see he was on a slippery slope.

Edit: also I'm a big Pac fan but it's safe to say he was on the juice. He also never looked the same wrecking ball after he came off that stuff.
                  Last edited by Butt stuff; 11-04-2021, 08:06 AM.
                  BigDramaShow! BigDramaShow! likes this.

Comment

People forget an old Kovalev was beating Canelo quite confortably before gasing, like he usually does. If Plant paces himself, and sticks to the game plan, he has a real chance. Canelo pressure? When has Canelo ever been a pressure fighter? He's a counter puncher, always has.

Comment

Working...
                    X